All of these Slips & Acronyms

Hello all. I recently got hired as a casual package driver. I just finished integrad but have yet to start on the road training with a sup. I want to do my best but there are so many acronyms (ie. ORPU, PSB, COD, ASDs, GSDs, 3SDs, SRM, etc.) and different types of slips to remember. Are we expected to know/remember all of these before our on the road training or is it safe to say you kind of learn and pick them up along the way? How did you guys learn them? I'm also not sure of the difference between a delivery notice and an infonotice. It seems like they're both used as a "sorry we missed you" type slip to leave the customer when they're not home for a package delivery. How would you choose to leave 1 slip over the other? Thank you for your time.

oldngray

nowhere special
Helpful but still missing the latest generation of endless acronyms

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello all. I recently got hired as a casual package driver. I just finished integrad but have yet to start on the road training with a sup. I want to do my best but there are so many acronyms (ie. ORPU, PSB, COD, ASDs, GSDs, 3SDs, SRM, etc.) and different types of slips to remember. Are we expected to know/remember all of these before our on the road training or is it safe to say you kind of learn and pick them up along the way? How did you guys learn them? I'm also not sure of the difference between a delivery notice and an infonotice. It seems like they're both used as a "sorry we missed you" type slip to leave the customer when they're not home for a package delivery. How would you choose to leave 1 slip over the other? Thank you for your time.

You’ll never make it if you can’t remember them

Brownwind

Don’t worry about it. The Diad will fill you in with the details. Keep the (d-notes) yellow stickers and a pen you’ll do fine. Remember customer is king, the box is like currency, promote the business while protecting our reputation and don’t hit anything. Seriously don’t hit anything.

Welcome aboard.

Don’t worry about it. The Diad will fill you in with the details. Keep the (d-notes) yellow stickers and a pen you’ll do fine. Remember customer is king, the box is like currency, promote the business while protecting our reputation and don’t hit anything. Seriously don’t hit anything.

Welcome aboard.
Thanks a lot. 😁

rod

Retired 22 years
We had the 5 Seeing Habits— that’s it. And we still got the job done without all the other BS. Later on they came up with this (slips and falls) safety crap but I never did memorize any of that.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
ASD-Air Shipping Document, GSD-Ground Shipping document, COD-Collect On Delivery, most of these you will seldom use. InfoNotice is just another name for an Attempted Delivery Notice, that's the one you will use the most. Don't sweat learning all this stuff, it will come to you. Just concentrate on driving and not hitting anything. Plan ahead and set up as many stops as you can in advance, you lose most of your time hunting for boxes in the back of your package car.