almost 8 hours later and I'm still laughing

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I had these two eldery sisters,one was aretired nurse who actually made me sit in her kitchen once to bandage my knee when it hit the top step of P/1000...
They got a kitchen Island from pottery barn,, I took off their screen door to fit in the house, then browed next door neighbors tools and put it together, loved those ladies ,, they signed for every one and would make me lunch often !

I had these two eldery sisters,one was aretired nurse who actually made me sit in her kitchen once to bandage my knee when it hit the top step of P/1000...
They got a kitchen Island from pottery barn,, I took off their screen door to fit in the house, then browed next door neighbors tools and put it together, loved those ladies ,, they signed for every one and would make me lunch often !
3 way?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Yah just know I had to come back for more,,hell I even joined their Friday nite knitting club...
upload_2014-6-20_12-29-14.jpeg

Robert91

I don't recall seeing an "elevator not working" option on our non-delivery screen.

If there were one, I'm sure we would be told not to press it, "just press X for other and ignor the other options (no matter how well they describe the circumstances)!!!!" I swear, I don't know why they even give us options on those Diad screens, they instruct us to press "other" for late air and never to press "other" for non-delivery...

bumped

Yes, times have changed. I had a misload for a stop on an area an hour away from the center. Sent it in through the DIAD and received an ODS directing me to sheet the stop as closed as they are not open on Thursdays. I worked as directed but did ask the driver for that area about the stop (we both got in at the same time) and he said that they were open all day.

As for the air conditioner, yes, it would have sucked, but I would have schlepped it up the 5 flights of stairs as that is part of our job. I don't recall seeing an "elevator not working" option on our non-delivery screen.

I knocked on the front door. Didn't you hear me from 5 flights up. NI1:oops:

Work right slow and safe

Yes, times have changed. I had a misload for a stop on an area an hour away from the center. Sent it in through the DIAD and received an ODS directing me to sheet the stop as closed as they are not open on Thursdays. I worked as directed but did ask the driver for that area about the stop (we both got in at the same time) and he said that they were open all day.

As for the air conditioner, yes, it would have sucked, but I would have schlepped it up the 5 flights of stairs as that is part of our job. I don't recall seeing an "elevator not working" option on our non-delivery screen.
Safety first ni1

Sent using BrownCafe App

rod

Retired 22 years
Back when UPS was on a big "exchange a phone" kick I bet I installed more land line phones than the phone guy did. It was easier to do it than to sit there and argue with some nit-wit who couldn't get it through there head that you weren't the phone repair guy.

32F driver

I have a 3 story medical bldg on my route where the elevator frequently is out of order. If the 2nd & 3rd floor offices have heavy or bulk pkgs, clo 1 & carry on. The doctors offices will ask me the next day what happened, because they didn't get del'd. I mention the elevator was broken, they always understand.

I have a 3 story medical bldg on my route where the elevator frequently is out of order. If the 2nd & 3rd floor offices have heavy or bulk pkgs, clo 1 & carry on. The doctors offices will ask me the next day what happened, because they didn't get del'd. I mention the elevator was broken, they always understand.

When they smarten up and learn the right people to call at UPS you'll learn how to hump.

32F driver

When they smarten up and learn the right people to call at UPS you'll learn how to hump.
Never, I let my on road know as soon as I return to the bldg about the elevator, & he's ok with my decision. I refuse to lug 11 cases of saline solution up any flights of stairs. Same goes for Henry Schein, Alcon, computers, etc. I work smart, not hard.

Never, I let my on road know as soon as I return to the bldg about the elevator, & he's ok with my decision. I refuse to lug 11 cases of saline solution up any flights of stairs. Same goes for Henry Schein, Alcon, computers, etc. I work smart, not hard.

You. Will. Hump.

What if there was no elevator at all? I hauled 50 cases of ream paper up 4 flights of stairs to a dentist office once. It was the job, it had to be done.

You work smart, not hard? Actually you work like someone who'll lose business to another carrier.

32F driver

You. Will. Hump.

What if there was no elevator at all? I hauled 50 cases of ream paper up 4 flights of stairs to a dentist office once. It was the job, it had to be done.

You work smart, not hard? Actually you work like someone who'll lose business to another carrier.
Good, let someone else do the BS work. It's a medical complex, for crying out loud, they should have a working elevator for the patients.

32F driver

Well, the next time the lift is out of service, I'll get ahold of you, & you can do the lug work, since you are so concerned about how I do my job. Care to post your #?