Am I able to get rehired if I wasn't fired?

lolbr

I know of one person who would work part-time preload at UPS from September-May (double shifting through peak), then leave and work another job for three months (better pay, but seasonal). They were back every September without even losing seniority. They did this for about 4 years before they left for a full-time job elsewhere.

rod

Retired 22 years
I know of one person who would work part-time preload at UPS from September-May (double shifting through peak), then leave and work another job for three months (better pay, but seasonal). They were back every September without even losing seniority. They did this for about 4 years before they left for a full-time job elsewhere.

We had 2 school teachers who filled in during summer vacations for a few years. That is until UPS came to the conclusion that school teachers are basically lazy.

cachmeifucan

I didn't mean to make the title rhyme, but at least it lightens up the topic! (This is my first post, and I have been a reader of the forums without a membership since I first started working.)

Question: Even though, I left on good terms, am I still able to get rehired?

I went online to apply again since now I am back in town, and when I went to reapply, I was given this message: Thank you for your interest in opportunities with UPS, however our records indicate that as a former employee of UPS you are not currently eligible for rehire.
I can imagine not being able to come back if I was fired, but that was not the case. I just had to leave the country for a few months, so I put my two weeks, explained my situation, and worked my remaining time. No bad blood whatsoever.

Thanks!
They probably figured you quit now you want the bonus

542thruNthru

We had 2 school teachers who filled in during summer vacations for a few years. That is until UPS came to the conclusion that school teachers are basically lazy.

One of the worst places to deliver to is a school. Especially a elementary school.

Laziest people alive.

542thruNthru

High schools are worse. You will have 2 or 3 secretaries in the office afraid they will do more work than each other.

Same at the elementary schools here. Every single one talking down to you at the same time.

None want to sign. One of the good things about CIR. Now I drop it put their name and leave as they scream "that's not where they go!"