Am I missing something?

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Work life balance is the Union goal. To make a decent income from a 40 hr. work week.

We can get that in the next! Maybe local language. Article 7 section 2 :Any deadlock case will result in a triod.
There’s 2 supervisors itching to get supplexed here

undies

We roll after 9:40 most days. PISSED
Oh yes, I don’t do a single bit of work until exactly 9:20. By the time I check the computer to see where my route is, numbers from the previous day…walk to my truck, check if I have a handcart, sort the air and pre trip it’s at least 9:40!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It's Mimi!
kathy-kinney-mimi.jpg

Mutineer

She's explaining how she's going to waterboard Sean Obrien in July 2023.

She's gesturing to indicate to potential suitors how endowed one must be in order to qualify.

Or how long the board must be to tie across one's ass in order to prevent from falling in.

There can be no other possible explanations.

Doubleparkedrunner

on a 50hr work week it come to $150 a week rise or $600 a month please tell where you will get that big of rise somewhere else? That for just the first year
my groceries and gas have gone up more than 150 a week just within the last year and a half ;

that's not including , every other day to day expense ... insurances , car maintenance , entertainment , price of future vehicle(s) , internet , phone ; the list goes on and on.

And , why do i always reading people on here comparing our 50 hour work week with the majority of the public's 40 hour work week ? It an unfair comparison that makes our pay seem over the top and out of whack compared to others. We should compare our 50 hour work week with their 50 hour work week ,

Or better yet , we need to compare 40 hour work weeks... like normal people have in society.

Now , i know , i know ... I just cued the mockingbirds to come in and parrot the ole trope of
" You knew this wasn't a 40 hour job when you signed on "
Well yes, I did know that. But you know what else i knew when i came over to work at UPS ?

I knew that i would be compensated monetarily quite a lot more to make up for the loss of family and personal time because im stuck on road with constant excessive overtime shoved down my throat by the company.

So , again, I knew that id be getting overtime with this job and i knew id subsequently be getting tremendous pay.

If the company doesn't want to keep our wages relatively high comparing to the purchasing power of the U.S. dollar , then I no longer feel the need to work constant, excessive overtime to save the dear company from putting more trucks on the road.

To me it's simple , UPS needs to keep up with inflation if they want the drivers to continue to put up with their constant over dispatching , unprovoked harrassment and overall crappy behavior to the very frontline workers who actually get the job done.

And one last thing ; To those who say " Waaaaah , you make so much and there's a line out the door waiting for your job "
... Well , the company has a severe problem keeping people as drivers. It takes a special kind of hard worker filled with tenacity and immunity to attrition to come and do this work day in and day out for a company who turns around and basically treats them as a spouse or partner in an abusive relationship.

I think there's a lot of retired people on here only looking out for themselves and berating the younger crowd who are concerned about the lack of substantive raises , when accounting for inflation and percentage raise compared to current wage.

This place can turn into a crappy run company like fed ex with an extremely high turnover rate if the pay creeps lower and lower to the mean. They would have people leaving in droves if the pay became stagnant , and in turn pensions would be in real trouble down the road. It can happen a lot quicker than people think.

PT Car Washer

my groceries and gas have gone up more than 150 a week just within the last year and a half ;

that's not including , every other day to day expense ... insurances , car maintenance , entertainment , price of future vehicle(s) , internet , phone ; the list goes on and on.

And , why do i always reading people on here comparing our 50 hour work week with the majority of the public's 40 hour work week ? It an unfair comparison that makes our pay seem over the top and out of whack compared to others. We should compare our 50 hour work week with their 50 hour work week ,

Or better yet , we need to compare 40 hour work weeks... like normal people have in society.

Now , i know , i know ... I just cued the mockingbirds to come in and parrot the ole trope of
" You knew this wasn't a 40 hour job when you signed on "
Well yes, I did know that. But you know what else i knew when i came over to work at UPS ?

I knew that i would be compensated monetarily quite a lot more to make up for the loss of family and personal time because im stuck on road with constant excessive overtime shoved down my throat by the company.

So , again, I knew that id be getting overtime with this job and i knew id subsequently be getting tremendous pay.

If the company doesn't want to keep our wages relatively high comparing to the purchasing power of the U.S. dollar , then I no longer feel the need to work constant, excessive overtime to save the dear company from putting more trucks on the road.

To me it's simple , UPS needs to keep up with inflation if they want the drivers to continue to put up with their constant over dispatching , unprovoked harrassment and overall crappy behavior to the very frontline workers who actually get the job done.

And one last thing ; To those who say " Waaaaah , you make so much and there's a line out the door waiting for your job "
... Well , the company has a severe problem keeping people as drivers. It takes a special kind of hard worker filled with tenacity and immunity to attrition to come and do this work day in and day out for a company who turns around and basically treats them as a spouse or partner in an abusive relationship.

I think there's a lot of retired people on here only looking out for themselves and berating the younger crowd who are concerned about the lack of substantive raises , when accounting for inflation and percentage raise compared to current wage.

This place can turn into a crappy run company like fed ex with an extremely high turnover rate if the pay creeps lower and lower to the mean. They would have people leaving in droves if the pay became stagnant , and in turn pensions would be in real trouble down the road. It can happen a lot quicker than people think.
A 40 hour work week is a PT Union member at UPS. The only PT that work more hours are PT sups.

Doubleparkedrunner

A 40 hour work week is a PT Union member at UPS. The only PT that work more hours are PT sups.
Ya that's just about standard for UPS.

My issue is people comparing our pay to other sector's pay but not prorating our work week with their work week hours.

It's ridiculous to work between 25% and 33% more hours than a normal human , week in and week out
and then also bemoan on and on how we have a salary equating to 50+ percent of said public.

We work , AT AN ABSOLUTE MINIMUM , twice as hard as the vast majority of the working public.

...I'll never feel guilty , nor will care what the public thoughts are pertaining to my wages , when i work 100% harder than them for an average of of say, 50% more compensation.

PT Car Washer

Ya that's just about standard for UPS.

My issue is people comparing our pay to other sector's pay but not prorating our work week with their work week hours.

It's ridiculous to work between 25% and 33% more hours than a normal human , week in and week out
and then also bemoan on and on how we have a salary equating to 50+ percent of said public.

We work , AT AN ABSOLUTE MINIMUM , twice as hard as the vast majority of the working public.

...I'll never feel guilty , nor will care what the public thoughts are pertaining to my wages , when i work 100% harder than them for an average of of say, 50% more compensation.
I agree and we all should be earning more then a minimum wage for what we do along with Union benefits and pension.

PT Car Washer

we have a few that are mad how much part timers are gonna be making compared to when they were part time. funny thing is i remember them bitching about the low pay then. for the record it was still between 8 and 10 dollars so way before the 15 mark.
$10 to $15/hr was 40 years ago. Not as much as I was making working PT but still way above minimum wages.