Am I missing something?

Reducing pension contributions by half or more to secure "historic raises" is exactly that. I didn't say anyone's pension was being reduced or that money was being actively withdrawn from anyone's fund, you come up with the dumbest :censored2:. Quit responding to me, I am literally NEVER asking you.
It's just moving money from your left pocket to your right pocket

Plus actually putting raises into the pension and healthcare is cheaper for the company and the employee

Don't sell out the future for a couple extra nickels today

PoirotAtUPS

NYSTPF and WCTPF are historically the two funds with the highest monthly pension payments, each averaging $5,500/month. NYSTPF received a total of $1.4B in bailout money, which will ensure that they will be able to provide pension payments through at least 2051, while WCTPF continues to provide strong returns for their members. CSPF received $35B in bailout money and will receive an additional $5B when their supplemental application is approved.

No one is a victim of "pension robbing".
New England was in bad shape before the “bailout“ - payouts had been cut to less than half and they were floating raising the minimum age to retire. Thankfully the ”bailout” restored their pensions. There was little those victims could do given they could no longer physically do their old jobs.

Look at all the nonsense on the WSJ with Rupert Murdoch trying to put forward Michael Milken as an angel instead of the thief he was in supporting the fat cats who sank those companies while raiding their “overfunded“ pensions. A law should’ve been passed decades ago making it illegal to ever dip into a pension fund by CFOs. Those retired executives are still sitting on that money - look no further than Henry Kravis.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

New England was in bad shape before the “bailout“ - payouts had been cut to less than half and they were floating raising the minimum age to retire. Thankfully the ”bailout” restored their pensions. There was little those victims could do given they could no longer physically do their old jobs.

Look at all the nonsense on the WSJ with Rupert Murdoch trying to put forward Michael Milken as an angel instead of the thief he was in supporting the fat cats who sank those companies while raiding their “overfunded“ pensions. A law should’ve been passed decades ago making it illegal to ever dip into a pension fund by CFOs. Those retired executives are still sitting on that money - look no further than Henry Kravis.
Did UPS carve their employees out of that Fund?

PoirotAtUPS

Did UPS carve their employees out of that Fund?
They did back in 2012 - the same reasons as why they wanted out of Central States. Whatever companies are left standing are expected to cover the deficits for all employees- including folks who never worked for UPS.

According to the 2020 US Census only 13.5 million US workers are covered by a traditional pension. UPS teamsters have a retirement pension very few are lucky enough to have representation to fight for. Look no further than UPS management who stopped qualifying for a pension 15 years ago and whose pension was frozen in 2023.

Lobbyists have shifted the burden to the worker - but workers can’t afford to save the way they need to for a comfortable retirement at companies like Amazon.

Cowboy Mac

So am extra $10, $15, $25 am hour. You can't be that stupid.
Did I say an extra $25 an hour? Maybe I didn’t state my ideas clearly enough. I was thinking up to $1 for each year of the contract, not each year employed at the company.

So ie: $5 in 5 years

PS: no I’m not that stupid.

GameCockFan

Did I say an extra $25 an hour? Maybe I didn’t state my ideas clearly enough. I was thinking up to $1 for each year of the contract, not each year employed at the company.

So ie: $5 in 5 years

PS: no I’m not that stupid.
They're getting on average a $1.50/year already, plus an addition $1.50 one-time. So $9/hr over 5 years (front-loaded) Average of $1.80/yr. Seems accceptable.

Cowboy Mac

They're getting on average a $1.50/year already, plus an addition $1.50 one-time. So $9/hr over 5 years (front-loaded) Average of $1.80/yr. Seems accceptable.
We need a part time wage progression like we have for RPCDs. I think that would work much better than this Einstein formula we have now where every single person makes something different.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
You must work in Clarksville

How many left even know what Clarksville is
1692485823119.gif