amazon and saturdays?

BROWNCAT

Saw an Amazon clown delivering today in a nice unmarked van. He had a yellow vest on and jean shorts he was practicing yard control.
Where I live USPS used to deliver amazon Sundays packages, first time getting an Amazon package on a Sunday by some other shipper driving a white unmarked van with a yellow reflective vest like you've said.

Just Lurking

Our local gives special permission for one off events. The athletic department at MU sends roughly 5-7k letter each of football season tickets and parking passes in two days. Probably 2/3 of the tickets hit our center of 70 drivers. I have 180-190 stop route that can easily easily hit 100 stops heavier on less than half of the area on a normal day.
I can see permission for one off like that. Helpers for normal days because of one shipper sets precedent for future contracts. Even if that shipper is Amazon.

watdaflock?

It means more when it comes from a veteran driver such as myself.
willis1.jpg

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I have asked the Center Managers in my building and they are clueless. Nothing new there. I am guessing they will be rolling it out to the larger markets first.
Supposedly starting in August. I have heard talk of it but no official announcement here. Just an effed up way of letting us know.

browncowboy

Art 40 protects air work, if you look at the last 25 years, we have had more changes than any business in the US. Air by 12:30, air by 10:30, DIAD , DIAD 2 Edd, Orion and all of these we as Teamsters have delt with and made happen. I started on paper, now this is the world I live in, our contract will support all the changes. How many full timers come in just to run air? Yes, Saturday's suck, but the OT that can be made, some employees need. It's another new thing. The problem UPS is going to encounter is hours in the week. All bids are a Monday-Friday. Only new routes bid could get bid Tuesday-Saturday. Cover drivers who come in on Saturday, will now do ground, thus now receive cover rate all day. Pre loaders get a 6th day if needed. You have to look at the advantages , more employees will need to be hired. This helps protect your future and health care benefits. Let Anaheim work out all the flause. If it fails there, then it's a bad idea. But from what I hear that place knows their contract. Let's not all jump just yet.