Amazon building 1.6 billion airhub next to ours in Kentucky!

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Walmart has been gearing up to go after Amazon. They have been building million sq/ft facilities around the country just for online sales against Amazon. They also bought Jet.com Walmart Has Completed Its Acquisition of Jet.com

What you should be worrying about is FDX Ground is also building centers right next to, or as close as possible to these Walmart facilities. FDX is cutting transit times and able to do it for less than UPS. http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay...lanning-massive-200m-distribution-center.html

Hi@Turdferguson

Hey Steve.
Did you have a good holiday.

trickpony1

I'm not sure how this "free shipping" thing works.

In all my years in feeders my dispatcher has never said, "hey trickster....go over to XYZ company and pick up their loaded trailer we aren't charging them to use our services.".

The shipping costs is in there somewhere.

CanGuy

my building hasn't had amazon in a year. Hasn't affected us, we do keep hiring drivers to sit at home though which is odd lol

dudebro

Free two day shipping for all orders over $35.
I'm not sure how this "free shipping" thing works.

In all my years in feeders my dispatcher has never said, "hey trickster....go over to XYZ company and pick up their loaded trailer we aren't charging them to use our services.".

The shipping costs is in there somewhere.

Of course it is. What they're saying is, "We are making sooooo much profit selling you this 4 dollar item from Malaysia for 35 dollars, that we can afford to toss in another 6 dollars for shipping and still laugh our balls off all the way to the bank."

Over 70

Amazon isn't always cheaper but there's lots of products I get shipped to my door in two days that are the exact same price or cheaper than going to the store.

Even if it is more expensive sometimes my time is worth more than the 10 bucks I'd save spending the 2 hour block going out to get something I don't need immediately.

Shipping really can be "free"

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Kinda like FedEx ground, we had a few drivers fired for assorted things, guess where they ended up working?
I had a friend who was fired as a driver from UPS. Couple months later he was with FedEx ground. Couple months after that I saw the route owner doing the route and asked what happened to my friend. Turns out he was fired from there also. Couple months later I saw him in one of those Amazon vans. After seeing him for about a week doing that I haven't seen him again. I guess he is just not cut out for delivery driver.

sox

You living in the past. I've been Amazon is threat for the past three years. At the time members saying Amazon a threat they can't even make a profit. Now they making profits, Amazon doesn't have the necessary people to create such a ground network, present time and in 2015 been poaching UPS management they creating the ground network in certain cities. Amazon will still uses UPS to move majority of their volume. Apparently they getting in the air cargo business.

Sky is falling is next day air results. The sky is falling is a slow fall not instant.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
After the AMZN revs miss, they are going to need to sell more toilet paper to build that place. They dis however meet the EPS, so more efficiently in the revs they are getting. Curious if it's more digital content/prime subs increasing margin.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
After the AMZN revs miss, they are going to need to sell more toilet paper to build that place. They dis however meet the EPS, so more efficiently in the revs they are getting. Curious if it's more digital content/prime subs increasing margin.
Their cloud business is making up a huge amount of their profits. The margins are like 50% there. The margins for their retail is like 1% lol

Hellobrown2000

Why do we talk about something that none of us can change or even give a opinion to the people up stairs

I think there is plenty of people sitting in some office running numbers and know more then we even know about what's going on that are not going to let us get taking out by Amazon

So why even talk about it , let's talk about stuff that we have some control over
Like paper or plastic

Hellobrown2000

Don't even go there , in Cali they banned plastic bags from stores giving them out And also charge you if you want paper or plastic from them

But here's the kicker people on welfare still get them free
I lived in socal for a while. Would love to move back, best weather, best burritos and best women. but the wait time to drive is 10 years. No way