Amazon building an air hub..do you think they can make ups go down?

vvv

Funny how 10 years ago a comment like this would have been a joke-----not so much anymore. I think its more likely that upper management will take UPS down with their asinine programs just trying to please the stockholders and their "screw the customers" attitude. I give them 10-15 years tops to run it into the ground--maybe sooner.

Can't doubt your view at all......

ManInBrown

The problem Amazon is going to have is when UPS and other carriers refuse to give them the discounts they receive now, not sure about other places but Amazon here in the Miami area(where they do their own deliveries)they are only delivering a 20 mile radius so what happens with the rest?
The time to do that was years ago. Ups could’ve put amazon out of business with ease. Deliver your own crap is what they should’ve said years ago, or at least the second they realized this was amazons plan all along.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Doubling 50k, 100k or even more is pretty obscene.
To some guys doubling 5k would be obscene

You do realize this is a UPS forum... To double your money would mean you would also be out of a job or would be working for peanuts.

To me, an obscene amount of money would be like getting into Apple at the beginning.

Apple IPO Investment
Apple closed at $222.22 on November 1, 2018. At that price, your initial investment of $220 into 22 shares would be worth $124,443.20, not including dividends. Put another way, that's a 56,465.09% return on your initial investment.

If You Had Invested Right After Apple's IPO

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
You do realize this is a UPS forum... To double your money would mean you would also be out of a job or would be working for peanuts.

To me, an obscene amount of money would be like getting into Apple at the beginning.

Apple IPO Investment
Apple closed at $222.22 on November 1, 2018. At that price, your initial investment of $220 into 22 shares would be worth $124,443.20, not including dividends. Put another way, that's a 56,465.09% return on your initial investment.

If You Had Invested Right After Apple's IPO
I am retired and couldn't care less if UPS went out of business.
To the average UPS employee investing 5k and doubling it might be considered obscene.

The writing is on the wall with the UPS Stock Price. I hope it crashes.

Zowert

The day Amazon finally figures out how not to pack a glass vase into a box big enough for a dishwasher to fit in might be the day they are truly ready to compete on a fleet wide level of any kind.

This. I find it mildly annoying having giant Amazon boxes on my truck, taking three times the space for an item that could easily fit on the shelf had it been packaged properly. I hate those four foot by 2.5 ft boxes that always feel like nothing is in it. I remember the wife ordering a small lamp shade last month, it came in a box big enough to fit one of those mini refrigerators.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba

good to see you care bout your fellow union brothers and sisters. merry xmas!

snorting-soda.png

Zowert

Amazon will be looking to buy FedEx Corporation in five years. With over $130 billion in total assets, Amazon could take on FedEx, who have $53 billion in assets and another $20 billion in equity.

Only if something like that happens would UPS have to worry. Especially if Amazon took over FedEx Express, the largest cargo airline in the world.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
To the average UPS employee investing 5k and doubling it might be considered obscene.

So where is the stock price going to end up? The analysts don't seem to be too worked about it right now with it rated as a hold.

Screenshot_20181217-100507_Chrome.jpg

I've been to at least 10 different hubs this peak season and have yet to see people waiting for work. I was at 3 centers last night and all 3 were rolling preloads and all have more cars in than I've seen any other peak.

My building is telling us we are down over last year but won't give us numbers with the week before peak season included. We have also run more extra sorts, used more contractors and have a larger feeder department than ever before.

Also, did you retire from UPS in Haiti? I don't know anyone at UPS who thinks $5k is an obscene amount of money....it's more like a decent vacation.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So where is the stock price going to end up? The analysts don't seem to be too worked about it right now and the lower price will just end up making the P/E ratio higher.

View attachment 226622

I've been to at least 10 different hubs this peak season and have yet to see people waiting for work. I was at 3 centers last night and all 3 were rolling preloads and all have more cars in than I've seen any other peak.

My building is telling us we are down over last year but won't give us numbers with the week before peak season included. We have also run more extra sorts, used more contractors and have a larger feeder department than ever before.

Also, did you retire from UPS in Haiti? I don't know anyone at UPS who thinks $5k is an obscene amount of money....it's more like a decent vacation.
Expect the stock to be sub $70 within the next couple years. At which point I’ll gobble it up for the dividend payout.