Amazon Cutting Out The Middleman

JL 0513

There's an Amazon distribution center (biggest building, by footprint, I've ever seen) 15 minutes from my center. Our Amazon volume is nuts. I've yet to ever see an Amazon truck. The Amazon building opened 2 years ago. High population MA. Not sure why they deliver in some markets and not others. Is it mostly just major cities?

Over 70

UPS has bought and paid for their entire network built over a century.

I don't see how people could think someone could just swoop in and take enough business away to be more than an annoying mosquito bite....and make a dime in the process.

Good luck I say...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
IMG_0028.JPG
I got stuck behind this on my morning commute yesterday.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
This tractor driver isn't aiming high in steering.

Eh, Mebbe it's edited/ zoomed in... I usually do that as well to highlight the subject Matter

Amazon in my area have flex drivers in personal vehicles and a local subcontractor " same day couriers" in Ford transit cargo vans

cosmictrucker

counting the months
Today, Sunday, I'm expecting a delivery from Amazon. Just took a look at the tracking and the listed carrier is AMZL US. The tracking number TBA406**********. In the past when Amazon delivers on a Sunday it's been LazerShip.

rocket man

Ups and Fedex allowed this to happen.

People on here have been saying for years charge them full price and watch them squirm.
What does that mean UPS and FedEx let this happen. A couple of weeks ago you guys couldn't get enough pictures of UPS parking bad crash on it and making fun of them now you're relying on them?

rocket man

Some people in this post put its FedEx fault and UPS is fault. But the word FedEx makes me wonder 3 weeks ago you guys off posting photos of them parking bed and doing stupid things now you're relying on them in a roundabout way

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What does that mean UPS and FedEx let this happen. A couple of weeks ago you guys couldn't get enough pictures of UPS parking bad crash on it and making fun of them now you're relying on them?
What in the hell are you talking about?

Ups and fedex could of charged Amazon full price years ago and sank them. Instead they let Amazon play them like a dime store fiddle.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
What in the hell are you talking about?

Ups and fedex could of charged Amazon full price years ago and sank them. Instead they let Amazon play them like a dime store fiddle.

Agreed
UPS and Fedex have made a profit off of them while Amazon has helped change the way people shop, leading to record volume and profit for both UPS and Fedex. I bet UPS and Fedex will think twice in the future before they let someone increase their business like that again