Amazon dropping trailers at UPS

InsideUPS

UPS and Amazon are now "Frenemies" - “Amazon is a customer of ours. We have a mutually beneficial relationship. We also see them as somewhat of a competitor,” said David Abney, UPS chairman and CEO. “So we watch them just like we would anyone else." UPS CEO: 'We have a mutually beneficial relationship' with Amazon

A Look at the Impact of Amazon's One-Day Shipping So Far | The Motley Fool

Make no mistake: Amazon is going to take on delivery behemoths FedEx and UPS

I just found out on Friday that our TDP driver that moves the Amazon trailer to the back of our building (brought in by a gypsy driver) also sweeps out the Amazon trailer once it is unloaded I wonder how long it will be before we start loading Amazon vans or allowing them to deliver packages that come into our center much like the PVD drivers? I would love to have input from our Union on all of this "partner-ship" between Amazon and UPS....

UPSAmazon.jpg

InsideUPS

It certainly remains to be seen whether or not Amazon will be successful (profitable) in the shipping business.
Amazon earnings again weighed down by one-day shipping - CNN

I spoke with an Amazon van driver and he informed me they do not deliever any package over 25 lbs. This equates into more wear and tear on UPS drivers as they are left to deliver the larger....heavier packages. Between Surepost and Amazon taking the lighter packages.....making a 30 year full-time retirement in one piece without replacement parts will be difficult. Everyone just needs to remember...... "the longer the race.....the slower the pace"...

barnyard

KTM rider
How is that not an outside contractor doing union work?

Zone skipping. The same thing that Amazon does. There are several large shippers that do the same. They load our packages into gypsy trailers and those are pulled by a gypsy to the destination hub where they are unloaded and sorted for delivery.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It certainly remains to be seen whether or not Amazon will be successful (profitable) in the shipping business.
Amazon earnings again weighed down by one-day shipping - CNN

I spoke with an Amazon van driver and he informed me they do not deliever any package over 25 lbs. This equates into more wear and tear on UPS drivers as they are left to deliver the larger....heavier packages. Between Surepost and Amazon taking the lighter packages.....making a 30 year full-time retirement in one piece without replacement parts will be difficult. Everyone just needs to remember...... "the longer the race.....the slower the pace"...
And don’t be afraid to request your union help on overweights. They love that

MKJ

There are Amazon pkgs to customers with UPS labels on them.

Also, Amazon just fired 275 Amazon 'seasonal' drivers at location near Dulles Airport about 8-9 days ago, with zero notice, had told them first of Aug had 10 months. Only using DSP, Delivery Service Providers now at the location. Told them when showed up for shift.

Last edited:

Rack em

Made the Podium
Full Article on Relationship with Amazon. Note: There are with Amazon pkgs to customers with UPS labels on them.

/finance.yahoo.com/news/ups-has-mutually-beneficial-relationship-with-amazon-ceo-194750165.html
So amazon is paying Ups to deliver their own packages?

MKJ

Amazon delivers packages up to 50lbs - most of which are never even labeled 'heavy' by fulfillment center employees, though officially they are supposed to be, when received at the delivery centers. There's been actual car tires shipped with no packaging through warehouse... Packages as long as the van (outdoor professional video screen), and everything in between.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Amazon delivers packages up to 50lbs - most of which are never even labeled 'heavy' by fulfillment center employees, though officially they are supposed to be, when received at the delivery centers. There's been actual car tires shipped with no packaging through warehouse... Packages as long as the van (outdoor professional video screen), and everything in between.
That's how everyone ships them.

InsideUPS

A co-worker of mine just sent me this photo yesterday. Anyone familiar with these Amazon package cars parking at our centers? I'm still not sure if this is a photoshop joke or not.

UPSAmazon2.jpg