Amazon is going to put UPS and FedEx out of business

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Since you emphasized this....You are not the paying customer, the retailer that you bought it from is the paying customer. You haven't paid ups a dime.

Besides that, IMO, it is totally up to you, if you want to pu at hub, or have it delivered.

I, personally, pick them up, less occasions for possible damage and loss. Put in the request to pu well before it gets to my hub, that way, it is waiting for me when I get there, and sometimes, the day before.

Where is the draft order

UPS_carnage11

Ok we shouldn’t have a post office because you say so. I get it, no real logic behind it but I guess I get it. With your love of corporations, you’re obviously a pretty far right republican as you dislike big government as well. So I guess you don’t think UPS would drop you down to $17 an hour, give you a HDHP that costs $200 a week and make your pension a 401k w/2% company match at the drop of a hat if it weren’t for your union? Giving corporations all the power in this country is not a good idea.

I have a solution though since everybody is cool with DHL. We dissolve the postal service and have the US government buy a controlling interest in both UPS and FedEx. We merge the employees from all three and then keep what infrastructure we need while ditching the rest. We could create a shipping giant like the world has never seen and call it Federal United Parcel Service. FUPS.

What do you think?

I like FedUP better.

Db2400

I got a relatively new set of mngmt again. I love telling this new set "hey my truck (already a 12) is going to blow out".

'Make it fit'

"it's not going to fit I'm going to blow out"

'You only have 300 pieces make it fit'

"it ain't gonna fit"

'anything you don't take we're having an air guy shuttle to you'. He says it like this is some kind of punishment or something not the oh duh here's a solution to blowing out.

"Cool"

Now I can leave one full bulk stop and meet the air guy at the delivery point.

Seriously though how long is going to take this new mngmt to figure out when I say it ain't gonna fit then it's not. By the time this team figures it out no doubt I'll get another new set of mngmt who will start trying to put 450 pieces on my truck again. Smfh
It will take only as long as you let yourself. Quit making 9.5 and file.

Zowert

Last year UPS starting driver wage was $18.75/hr. Now starting wage is what? $21.??/hr. Of course working 6 days a week for 12 hours a day helps the bottom line.

Yes but we get annual raises up to top rate at $41.05, plus benefits. These Amazon drivers get no raises and no benefits. They may not be delivering the irregulars and doing bulk stops but they’re still doing the same type of work for a little over minimum wage.

$20.94 is the starting wage now. Basically $21.

Whither

Scofflaw
As a new hire I've been making $21/hr on the nose from my first day of class and getting paid OT for any punch over 8 hours during my packet.

At my Amazon contractor I was working 5 10 hour shifts for $15/hr, OT only after 40 hours, and oddly enough the OT rate would fluctuate. Was never lower than $22.50, but some weeks as high as $24.01. Had mediocre benefits for myself at $40/week or $170ish/month, but would've been awful to extend that mediocre coverage for family.

davidix

Yes but we get annual raises up to top rate at $41.05, plus benefits. These Amazon drivers get no raises and no benefits. They may not be delivering the irregulars and doing bulk stops but they’re still doing the same type of work for a little over minimum wage.

$20.94 is the starting wage now. Basically $21.

They are not doing the same work. I talk to 2 Amazon regulars on my route and one of the girls gets done around 3 every day and the other one doesnt work past 4:30. They drive little Van's once they're done they go home. I deliver more Amazon packages to the apartments than them.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They are not doing the same work. I talk to 2 Amazon regulars on my route and one of the girls gets done around 3 every day and the other one doesnt work past 4:30. They drive little Van's once they're done they go home. I deliver more Amazon packages to the apartments than them.

Do you want to be an Amazon girl ?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The USPS should not be delivering packages. A government entity should not ever compete with private business. And that applies whether or not they are bound by the same rules as private companies.
I don’t mind them delivering but at best they should be allowed to price match ups and fedex. They should not be allowed to offer any service for cheaper because they have the built in cost advantage of the monopoly that is mail delivery.