Amazon is going to put UPS and FedEx out of business

KoennenTiger

Need a roof rack

I got a relatively new set of mngmt again. I love telling this new set "hey my truck (already a 12) is going to blow out".

'Make it fit'

"it's not going to fit I'm going to blow out"

'You only have 300 pieces make it fit'

"it ain't gonna fit"

'anything you don't take we're having an air guy shuttle to you'. He says it like this is some kind of punishment or something not the oh duh here's a solution to blowing out.

"Cool"

Now I can leave one full bulk stop and meet the air guy at the delivery point.

Seriously though how long is going to take this new mngmt to figure out when I say it ain't gonna fit then it's not. By the time this team figures it out no doubt I'll get another new set of mngmt who will start trying to put 450 pieces on my truck again. Smfh

A

Article 3

It’s a curse I must bear
funny-gifs14.gif

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
No.
Never saw this amount of big heavy stuff ten years ago.

Today I was really light on pieces. Still couldn’t walk through the truck until 2 pm because of the size of crap
Ten years ago I was still on preload. One route I loaded did 270-290 miles, rarely had anything on the floors unless it was farm equipment or the small town school got their occasional bulk drop of paper, and never had full shelves in a P57. Today I cover that route sometimes. It’s still in one of our remaining 57s, but does 220 miles and is bricked out.

KoennenTiger

Ten years ago I was still on preload. One route I loaded did 270-290 miles, rarely had anything on the floors unless it was farm equipment or the small town school got their occasional bulk drop of paper, and never had full shelves in a P57. Today I cover that route sometimes. It’s still in one of our remaining 57s, but does 220 miles and is bricked out.

I'm bricked out every day now I've actually grown to love it. They can't give me any more (until they give me a trailer to tow every day again, fingers crossed) so I only have like 100 stops.

They can't give me any more pickups even though they just keep giving me more at my route keeps getting denser. I leave the building bricked, I come back to the building bricked, and my neighbors do two or three of my pickups every day cause I blow out on pickups.

Ups gonna have to build a p1400

El Correcto

god is dead
Young stupid driver (me) goes to center manager and says, "I need a bigger truck."
Wise old center manager says, "Just remember, you can only put so many packages
in a P-400." The light comes on in young stupid drivers head.
That’s bull:censored2:, get a bigger truck and get on the 9.5 list.

-young driver.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm bricked out every day now I've actually grown to love it. They can't give me any more (until they give me a trailer to tow every day again, fingers crossed) so I only have like 100 stops.

They can't give me any more pickups even though they just keep giving me more at my route keeps getting denser. I leave the building bricked, I come back to the building bricked, and my neighbors do two or three of my pickups every day cause I blow out on pickups.

Ups gonna have to build a p1400
By far my biggest weakness as a driver is organization and dealing with lots of bulk (pick ups or delivery). Def hurts my numbers.

I love the small trucks but it sucks when a power wheel takes up half of the floor of a p57 and you aren’t gonna get to it until 4 pm.

Maple7

Our sales rep said he had a conference call this week about Amazon. As of now he said UPS sees them as a competitor and no longer just a customer. Im sure its different from hub to hub but our Amazon volume is drying up fast as their fleet grows exponentially. My route never got cut now its out a few days a week. Losing amazon volume is no biggie....Problem is when/If they start knocking on business doors to get that B to B volume. Thats where the money is. Not saying the ship is sinking but its not a bad idea to atleast know where the lifejackets are. Just my 2 cents.