Amazon is going to put UPS and FedEx out of business

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Turdferguson, Jul 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Meh, next economic slowdown will punch them in the nugget.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

We are squeezing 250 stops into a P 500.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. oldupsman

oldupsman Well-Known Member

Young stupid driver (me) goes to center manager and says, "I need a bigger truck."
    Wise old center manager says, "Just remember, you can only put so many packages
    in a P-400." The light comes on in young stupid drivers head.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. Need a roof rack

5. KoennenTiger

KoennenTiger Active Member

I got a relatively new set of mngmt again. I love telling this new set "hey my truck (already a 12) is going to blow out".

'Make it fit'

"it's not going to fit I'm going to blow out"

'You only have 300 pieces make it fit'

"it ain't gonna fit"

'anything you don't take we're having an air guy shuttle to you'. He says it like this is some kind of punishment or something not the oh duh here's a solution to blowing out.

"Cool"

Now I can leave one full bulk stop and meet the air guy at the delivery point.

Seriously though how long is going to take this new mngmt to figure out when I say it ain't gonna fit then it's not. By the time this team figures it out no doubt I'll get another new set of mngmt who will start trying to put 450 pieces on my truck again. Smfh

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Staydryitsraining

Staydryitsraining Active Member

How many miles does that thing have on it

7. Article 3

Article 3 Guest

Like your D*?

8. Article 3

Article 3 Guest

Which motor?

9. Article 3

Article 3 Guest

Holiday Closure truck?

10. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

It’s a curse I must bear

11. Article 3

Article 3 Guest

funny-gifs14.gif

12. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

Ten years ago I was still on preload. One route I loaded did 270-290 miles, rarely had anything on the floors unless it was farm equipment or the small town school got their occasional bulk drop of paper, and never had full shelves in a P57. Today I cover that route sometimes. It’s still in one of our remaining 57s, but does 220 miles and is bricked out.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. KoennenTiger

I'm bricked out every day now I've actually grown to love it. They can't give me any more (until they give me a trailer to tow every day again, fingers crossed) so I only have like 100 stops.

They can't give me any more pickups even though they just keep giving me more at my route keeps getting denser. I leave the building bricked, I come back to the building bricked, and my neighbors do two or three of my pickups every day cause I blow out on pickups.

Ups gonna have to build a p1400

14. Dough99

Dough99 Member

50094125-27EF-4470-9310-1331A62B1C8D.jpeg

15. KoennenTiger

Does Amazon even make any money yet? Or do they still subsidize all of it with their magic stock market money?

16. Wrong

Wrong :))

That’s bull:censored2:, get a bigger truck and get on the 9.5 list.

-young driver.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. Brownslave688

By far my biggest weakness as a driver is organization and dealing with lots of bulk (pick ups or delivery). Def hurts my numbers.

I love the small trucks but it sucks when a power wheel takes up half of the floor of a p57 and you aren’t gonna get to it until 4 pm.

18. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

They subsidize everything with their cloud storage. They make an assload of money off that

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. Brownslave688

If they hadn’t had the forward thinking to start that when they did amazon would either be bankrupt by now or at the very least a vastly different company.

20. Maple7

Maple7 Member

Our sales rep said he had a conference call this week about Amazon. As of now he said UPS sees them as a competitor and no longer just a customer. Im sure its different from hub to hub but our Amazon volume is drying up fast as their fleet grows exponentially. My route never got cut now its out a few days a week. Losing amazon volume is no biggie....Problem is when/If they start knocking on business doors to get that B to B volume. Thats where the money is. Not saying the ship is sinking but its not a bad idea to atleast know where the lifejackets are. Just my 2 cents.