Amazon orders 20000 vans

dmac1

Difference is that Amazon is generally the seller of the item, not just an intermediary. In most cases, Amazon will be the seller and the shipper. Not having seen Amazon delivery in action yet, but knowing that fedex ground is really a huge clusterfork one computer glitch away from complete collapse, and knowing that I've had fewer scewups in deliveries because of fedex rather than Amazon on Amazon purchases, I give Amazon the edge until they prove they are just as bad.

Meant to say that I've had MORE screwed up deliveries due to something Fedex did than because of something Amazon did. Packages going to nearest terminal, then on a truck to next state, or package on truck between terminals, going within 1/4 mile of my house, then taking an additional 5 days to get to me, etc. Delivered to wrong address, drivers claiming no one home, for a package with no sig req, or saying no such address, or loaded to wrong truck, etc, etc, etc. Express is much better in my experience. Plus Amazon customer service is fantastic. That doesn't mean that they will treat their delivery contractors good. But if they just stick to residential deliveries without the bulk business deliveries, it will be easier for drivers and faster.

Nothing easier than drop and run residential stops, unless you are out in the boonies where driveways are a mile long, with snow/ice or deep mud. My old multiple areas gave me the option of driving maybe 10 miles on a forest service or logging roads or doubling back and driving 30 miles or even more if I wanted to stay on paved roads