Amazon -Should UPS Be Worried?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Wally, Aug 29, 2019.

1. rod

rod retired and happy

ABSOLUTELY --- The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Why do you think the feeder group was always ahead of the package drivers when it came to wages and perks like nice equipment. They squeeked louder than the package drivers and are a much tighter group . It's the law of the jungle - eat or be eaten. Some day you will grow up and realize its a tough old world out there and you better start taking care of #1 FIRST---then start thinking about those who can't or won't take care of themselves .

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Last peak was gravy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. rod

rod retired and happy

I guess I do remember everyone posting about how easy it was. You do realize what that means though don't you. I bet the gearing up plans for this year have been cut DRASTICALLY. Look out--understaffed city coming your way.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Maybe with 40 stops per day you had more time to deal with those issues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. rod

rod retired and happy

Actually my route ran 110 to 130 a day. 125 miles or so. It was tuff I tell ya. :-)

6. Wally

I don't know. They got roasted over the coals in 2017. They don't want that again.

7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

8. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Why do they whine so much?

9. Wally

What else do you do with sour grapes?

10. Ghost in the Darkness

Ghost in the Darkness Well-Known Member

There is more going on behind the scenes, my guess... the fix is in.

11. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Oh I knew all that. I just wanted to call you out on your BS lines about how you guys were always so tight and looked out for each other. Glad you finally remembered what you were really like back then. Just like this new age of drivers. Out for yourselves. :)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  12. 542thruNthru

Did you not read the post that you gave a winner to? Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

13. rod

rod retired and happy

Oh I knew all that. I just wanted to call you out on your BS lines about how you guys were always so tight and looked out for each other. Glad you finally remembered what you were really like back then. Just like this new age of drivers. Out for yourselves. :)[/QUOTE]

At contract time Feeder drivers looked out for each other-package drivers looked out for each other and part timers-they couldn't care less about each other. Sucked to be them. I know if I was a part timer and my wages were going to be cut from drivers wages all the way down to 10 -12 bucks an hour I would at least take the time to vote no but I guess you wouldn't.

14. 542thruNthru

I got it already. You don't need to explain it any more. No unity back in your day just like today. Thanks

15. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

I think I read somewhere that Microsoft is cutting into that business lately, if they start losing that they are screwed

16. rod

rod retired and happy

How many part timers have you adopted lately?

17. 542thruNthru

Any other questions?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  18. rod

rod retired and happy

bless you

19. 542thruNthru

You're too kind. Don't worry I'll have a spot for you when your pension goes belly up. ;)

20. rod

rod retired and happy

How long have you been a UPS'er?