Amazon -Should UPS Be Worried?

rod

Retired 22 years
Did that make it easier to walk over them to put your yes vote in the mail?
ABSOLUTELY --- The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Why do you think the feeder group was always ahead of the package drivers when it came to wages and perks like nice equipment. They squeeked louder than the package drivers and are a much tighter group . It's the law of the jungle - eat or be eaten. Some day you will grow up and realize its a tough old world out there and you better start taking care of #1 FIRST---then start thinking about those who can't or won't take care of themselves .

rod

Retired 22 years
Last peak was gravy.
I guess I do remember everyone posting about how easy it was. You do realize what that means though don't you. I bet the gearing up plans for this year have been cut DRASTICALLY. Look out--understaffed city coming your way.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Are you talking about the crybabies of today. Waaaa--it's too hot---Waaaa-I want to grow a beard- Waaaaa-I have dust in the back of my truck---Waaaa-my shirt iches- Waaaa-my sup is picking on me- I could go on.
Maybe with 40 stops per day you had more time to deal with those issues.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I guess I do remember everyone posting about how easy it was. You do realize what that means though don't you. I bet the gearing up plans for this year have been cut DRASTICALLY. Look out--understaffed city coming your way.
I don't know. They got roasted over the coals in 2017. They don't want that again.

542thruNthru

I've witnessed my old center going from the guys standing together and fighting for their share of the pie to a bunch of no-spine ass-kissing- Dave's.

It takes more than just a few. It takes unity and a common goal--you know--like what Unions were all about years ago.

ABSOLUTELY --- The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Why do you think the feeder group was always ahead of the package drivers when it came to wages and perks like nice equipment. They squeeked louder than the package drivers and are a much tighter group . It's the law of the jungle - eat or be eaten. Some day you will grow up and realize its a tough old world out there and you better start taking care of #1 FIRST.

Oh I knew all that. I just wanted to call you out on your BS lines about how you guys were always so tight and looked out for each other. Glad you finally remembered what you were really like back then. Just like this new age of drivers. Out for yourselves. :)

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
[QUOTE="rod, post: 4184934, member: 5382"]ABSOLUTELY --- The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Why do you think the feeder group was always ahead of the package drivers when it came to wages and perks like nice equipment. They squeeked louder than the package drivers and are a much tighter group . It's the law of the jungle - eat or be eaten.

Oh I knew all that. I just wanted to call you out on your BS lines about how you guys were always so tight and looked out for each other. Glad you finally remembered what you were really like back then. Just like this new age of drivers. Out for yourselves. :)[/QUOTE]

At contract time Feeder drivers looked out for each other-package drivers looked out for each other and part timers-they couldn't care less about each other. Sucked to be them. I know if I was a part timer and my wages were going to be cut from drivers wages all the way down to 10 -12 bucks an hour I would at least take the time to vote no but I guess you wouldn't.

542thruNthru

Oh I knew all that. I just wanted to call you out on your BS lines about how you guys were always so tight and looked out for each other. Glad you finally remembered what you were really like back then. Just like this new age of drivers. Out for yourselves. :)

At contract time Feeder drivers looked out for each other-package drivers looked out for each other and part timers-they couldn't care less about each other. Sucked to be them. I know if I was a part timer and my wages were going to be cut from drivers wages all the way down to 10 -12 bucks an hour I would at least take the time to vote no but I guess you wouldn't.

I got it already. You don't need to explain it any more. No unity back in your day just like today. Thanks