Amazon -Should UPS Be Worried?

rod

Retired 22 years
Is this the part where I tell you a number and you claim I haven't been here long enough? Ok I'll bite.

I have 21 years this year.
Rookie---:-) -------------not really. You should know how the world works by now though. You been living under a rock?

542thruNthru

Don't worry about me--if the pension goes I'll be just fine thank-you. Now you--you enjoy working until you're 70.

Nope. I did what you said. I looked out for #1

That's why I have..
A better pension then you guys.. funded 93%
Better medical... no teamcare here
Even better wages.... I make more then 90% of the countries drivers an hour.

Oh and I have peer 80. I can retire at 51

542thruNthru

Rookie---:-) -------------not really. You should know how the world works by now though. You been living under a rock?

I know how it works man and its 18 years not 21. I'm just giving you a hard time because the old retired drivers love to talk about unity and sticking together but they are always looking back at the past with rose covered glasses. ;)

rod

Retired 22 years
Nope. I did what you said. I looked out for #1

That's why I have..
A better pension then you guys.. funded 93%
Better medical... no teamcare here
Even better wages.... I make more then 90% of the countries drivers an hour.

Oh and I have peer 80. I can retire at 51

A lot can happen with that pension in the next 10-20 years. Don't count on it being there as a given.
Medical? No way. Between Medicare and the VA I'm taken care of no problem.
I believe you live in Calif--right? You need every dime you make to afford to live in that god awful state.
Retire at 51/ I doubt it. You sound like too much of a company man to go that early.

542thruNthru

A lot can happen with that pension in the next 10-20 years. Don't count on it being there as a given.
Medical? No way. Between Medicare and the VA I'm taken care of no problem.
I believe you live in Calif--right? You need every dime you make to afford to live in that god awful state.
Retire at 51/ I doubt it. You sound like too much of a company man to go that early.

Lol ask @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U how much I work now. Hell I'm practically retired this year. :)

I'm not counting on my pension. I don't count on anything just keep putting money away and hope it's there in the end.

Wasn't talking about your old man medical. I'm talking about UPS member's medical.

My wife pays all the bill's. ;)

Alright it's been fun but this isn't current event. I don't feel like arguing. It's almost beer time.

rod

Retired 22 years
I know how it works man and its 18 years not 21. I'm just giving you a hard time because the old retired drivers love to talk about unity and sticking together but they are always looking back at the past with rose covered glasses. ;)
Are you sure its not 5 or 6? Truthfully we did stick together more back then. We hung out after work, we took vacation together, we had a beer or 2 almost every night together, we helped each other build houses and garages and do all kinds of remodel work. Now days the guy punch out of work and disappear.

rod

Retired 22 years
The only thing I hear is old people complaining about younger people. I'm too busy working 12 to 14 hours a day, running my other company and raising my kids to worry about what you old farts are babbling about.
We do love to babble---especially if we know we are pissing someone off.

542thruNthru

Are you sure its not 5 or 6? Truthfully we did stick together more back then. We hung out after work, we took vacation together, we had a beer or 2 almost every night together, we helped each other build houses and garages and do all kinds of remodel work. Now days the guy punch out of work and disappear.

Depends on the area I guess. We all still get together here. Every year about 30 or 40 of us have a big xmas party. We have bbq's and hang out or stop for beers after work. Build a house... yeah you got me on that one.

rod

Retired 22 years
Lol ask @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U how much I work now. Hell I'm practically retired this year. :)

I'm not counting on my pension. I don't count on anything just keep putting money away and hope it's there in the end.

Wasn't talking about your old man medical. I'm talking about UPS member's medical.

Alright it's been fun but this isn't current event. I don't feel like arguing. It's almost beer time.
we'll take up this argument tomorrow then?

So if you out 10% of your paycheck into the 401k it would be about $800 at the end of the year?

rod

Retired 22 years
Sure. I'll be at the local and already arguing about stuff. Might as well. :)
My Local was 130 miles away and met on Thursday nights at 6:00. Never made it to one meeting in 30 years. I did go a couple times when they had a special Saturday meeting. As far as them visiting us--ha ha. Maybe if it was election year or they were drumming up D.R.I.V.E. support