Amazon to start pick up service

jaker

trolling
I don't get threads like this , there is nothing we can say or do to change anything

There is more then likely a team of people being micromanage by someone in the Ivory tower who doesn't want to lose their job running numbers and working on deals that we have no clue about

Limper

Out For Delivery
UPS needs to start up their own "Amazon" now. We'll probably just merge with them at some point.

No, no, no.

Big retailers like Target, Walmart, and Macy’s HATE Amazon and will never use a carrier that has any affiliation with them. Think about it.....Walmart saying to Amazon “Here’s the list of our valued customers, but please don’t try to steal them”.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
No, no, no.

Big retailers like Target, Walmart, and Macy’s HATE Amazon and will never use a carrier that has any affiliation with them. Think about it.....Walmart saying to Amazon “Here’s the list of our valued customers, but please don’t try to steal them”.

Hate or not, if using Amazon to deliver their packages is better for their bottom line, the other major retailers will use them.

babboo25

Banned
Hate or not, if using Amazon to deliver their packages is better for their bottom line, the other major retailers will use them.
Where exactly is Amazon going to find all these workers to deliver 5 billion orders? That could be 10 billion in 5 years.

CanOSup

One of them
Where exactly is Amazon going to find all these workers to deliver 5 billion orders? That could be 10 billion in 5 years.
6.7 million persons in the US are unemployed. Im sure they can find some employees. After all their standards are not that high hence the "Driveway Crapper"

oldupsman

6.7 million persons in the US are unemployed. Im sure they can find some employees. After all their standards are not that high hence the "Driveway Crapper"

Yes they could find people but what about buildings and equipment. People just don't realize just how
huge UPS really is. I've heard all this before with the DHL debacle.

CanOSup

One of them
Yes they could find people but what about buildings and equipment. People just don't realize just how
huge UPS really is. I've heard all this before with the DHL debacle.
Amazon has grown beyond what anyone could have predicted. If we are too believe they cannot find or purchase buildings and equipment we are delusional. Comparing Amazon to DHL is not a fair comparison for the Giant that is Amazon.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Well read what you wrote.

Don't need to, I wrote it. But...
do I really have to explain this?

I said if it helps their bottom line, other retailers will use Amazon to deliver packages. That was strictly in response to @Limper's post I quoted saying that other retailers hate Amazon and would never use a carrier associated with them.

You extrapolated from what I wrote, and it appears that you think I was saying that other retailers would use an Amazon carrier exclusively. I never said that, never implied it. The point I was countering was that other retailers would never use Amazon.

To continue to beat a dead horse, because I'm in the mood, I said "if... it is better for their bottom line". Follow that logic out to its conclusion. In your scenario, Amazon would be unable to staff up enough (not even mentioning building the infrastructure) to handle all of the volume of other retailers. If that is the case, shipping all of their orders through Amazon would necessarily not help their bottom line, so they would not do that. The concept is so simple and obvious it should not even need to be brought up. Thus, what you wrote had no relation to my comment.

All of that is not to say that if Amazon were to be successful running a carrier service on a small scale that they couldn't expand over time. I doubt they could get to a point where they were shoulder to shoulder with FedEx or UPS any time in the next 5 years, but beyond that, it's anyone's guess.