Amazon volume

JustDeliverIt

UPS will survive as long as they don’t start poaching all the other accounts as well. It just sucks that all that work could be a middle class union income for people if it wasn’t for their stupid “contractor” model.

They can’t handle their own volume, can’t see them branching out any time soon. Not saying it won’t happen, but the people they hire have a temporary job attitude. At some point I honestly believe it will bite them in the ass.

We get a decent amount of Amazon still, rural areas more than towns but still is a good amount across the board here.

Overpaid Union Thug

You can thank your own company for some of this…I think Amazon was totally content in having other companies deliver most of their stuff until that one Christmas when ups and FedEx dropped the ball and Amazon really started rethinking everything.
That was actually 90% the fault of Amazon and most of the rest because of weather. Amazon didn’t stick to the plan. We could have said no to more volume like FedEx did but it was already too late.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That was actually 90% the fault of Amazon and most of the rest because of weather. Amazon didn’t stick to the plan. We could have said no to more volume like FedEx did but it was already too late.
I’m just saying that whoever issue it was it was an eye opener for Amazon… after that they started putting together all of this contractor stuff…I know many drivers do t want to deal with Amazon but they do make it possible to have more jobs here.

Zowert

UPS will survive as long as they don’t start poaching all the other accounts as well. It just sucks that all that work could be a middle class union income for people if it wasn’t for their stupid “contractor” model.
Yup. Amazon is exploiting stupid people willing to work for next to minimum wage without benefits.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yup. Amazon is exploiting stupid people willing to work for next to minimum wage without benefits.
These kids are getting stupid now…saw one van making deliveries with their side sliding door open…must have rigged it that way… guess they were trying to save that 2 seconds from having to open the door… they are starting to get stupid with the production like old man brown..

TheDick

Ah the good old days of bulkhead door open! Leaving the car idling, miss those days. Stick shift and backfire up n down the street.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ah the good old days of bulkhead door open! Leaving the car idling, miss those days. Stick shift and backfire up n down the street.
Revving that p-500 going down the road like a tank??? Plywood bulkhead door…lap belt only… start to slide out the truck on corners… back of truck smells like piss and Broken open Avon crap… makes you feel alive, like death was always riding shotgun on the back bumper…

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Lost Amazon the week before Christmas 2020. Our residential deliveries were cut in half over night. They’re not back and things actually have gotten worse. Will UPS survive? Of course they will, the real question is in what form. Only thing that has prevented mass layoffs is drivers being quarantined mandatorily due to Covid. There are days where 50+ of our 120 drivers are off due to some ailment and we still RTO drivers. While it’s great that profit per piece is up but less volume means less jobs. No matter how you look at it or try to justify it.

FromOffTheStreets

When Amazon comes to town do they go out into the deeper rural areas or do they just deliver resis in town?

I doubt they ever make it to my area, they'd deliver about 5 routes in our main city & have another 5 routes headed to other connecting towns about an hour way. We're pretty heavy rural center running about 40 routes a day.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
When Amazon comes to town do they go out into the deeper rural areas or do they just deliver resis in town?

I doubt they ever make it to my area, they'd deliver about 5 routes in our main city & have another 5 routes headed to other connecting towns about an hour way. We're pretty heavy rural center running about 40 routes a day.
Our extended areas were the last covered but even they were eventually delivered by Amazon too. I have an extended route and no matter how remote the delivery, Amazon is there too.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!

Our extended areas were the last covered but even they were eventually delivered by Amazon too.