Ambulance coverages

image.jpeg

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
it's been over 10 years now, but my son was a passenger in a car on the way to school and the girl who was driving had a little fender bender. The ambulance crew talked all 4 kids into piling into the back of the ambulance to go to a hospital about 3 miles away just to be "checked out" None were hurt seriously or even admitted. They sent each kid's parents a bill for $550.00. I told the Hospital they were sending the bill to the wrong person, and I wasn't going to pay that. They ended up billing the drivers insurance for it.

hyena

here in the west emergencies are covered 100 %. you can always negotiate the bill after waiting for 4-5 notices to pay and then wait for "final" notice before collection. they will take 20 cents on the dollar. better than nothing for them.

medical costs are way out of hand. my mother used to work at a hospital and she told me your bill is paying for the many people that don't pay. therefore they will almost always negotiate .

you should also have the right to appeal your bill with the insurance. ask questions. call and pester. don't take NO for an answer.

you can also ask them to write off the bill. my spouse was in the hospital after a stroke for 4 days and the bill came out to 38,000 dollars. insurance paid 90 %. ( or close to that ). they wanted around 4 grand. i went down there and told told them they got around 35 grand for 4 days and should be happy with what the insurance paid and if they could just write off the rest.

she agreed that we did have very good insurance and they agreed to write it off.
image.gif

542thruNthru

Haha I'm surprised you even posted this. You could have been hit by a truck and at least 5 people on here would have called you a wimp just because you knocked teamcare. When you said fever I knew this was going to be bad.

The point is he called an ambulance and it was out of network. Instead of why he called an ambulance just know when it is a emergency you'll run into this.

Haha I'm surprised you even posted this. You could have been hit by a truck and at least 5 people on here would have called you a wimp just because you knocked teamcare. When you said fever I knew this was going to be bad.

The point is he called an ambulance and it was out of network. Instead of why he called an ambulance just know when it is a emergency you'll run into this.
I think the point some are trying to make is that people that go to the hospital for any little thing in an ambulance kinda ruined it feels r a lot of others. Medical costs go up so much. I've been on Teamcare for 20 years and it's always been great insurance. When do people take a look at theirselves and how their actions affect everyone as a whole.

542thruNthru

I think the point some are trying to make is that people that go to the hospital for any little thing in an ambulance kinda ruined it feels r a lot of others. Medical costs go up so much. I've been on Teamcare for 20 years and it's always been great insurance. When do people take a look at theirselves and how their actions affect everyone as a whole.

Yes but the point is also valid. You will have to pay for an out of network cost that you can't control.

Also like I said some people will still attack him no matter what because he knocked Teamcare. ........ cough

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Yes but the point is also valid. You will have to pay for an out of network cost that you can't control.

Also like I said some people will still attack him no matter what because he knocked Teamcare. ........ cough
there are a lot of people who will attack anyone for anything because it makes them feel big and important.

I understand your point but such is life once you bring it up you open yourself up to everyone's opinion.

davburke

You took ambulance for the flu?
I called 911 because I didn't know what was wrong with me and felt like I was going to faint. When the ambulance arrived they had no answer to what was wrong with me but insisted that they take me because of my temperature. The hospital were the ones who eventually figured out that it was nothing too severe. Am I maroon for allowing them to take me? The main topic that I am addressing is that Teamcare needs to think twice about boasting 100 percent, 100 percent, 100 percent no ands ifs or buts but then there is hidden exceptions

Faceplanted

100% is for emergencies if I'm not mistaken

If you have a medical emergency it is covered

If you have an upset stomach or fever or is not.

Urgent care is where we have to go now thanks to everybody who went to the hospital for the smallest things. Blame them.

I'm sure the medics advised u to take a ride.... Kinda like how a mechanic always advises you that your shocks are blown.

The medical industry is all about money.

upschuck

I called 911 because I didn't know what was wrong with me and felt like I was going to faint. When the ambulance arrived they had no answer to what was wrong with me but insisted that they take me because of my temperature. The hospital were the ones who eventually figured out that it was nothing too severe. Am I maroon for allowing them to take me? The main topic that I am addressing is that Teamcare needs to think twice about boasting 100 percent, 100 percent, 100 percent no ands ifs or buts but then there is hidden exceptions

Never seen the no ands, ifs, or buts. Please show me where it says that.

davburke

100% is for emergencies if I'm not mistaken

If you have a medical emergency it is covered

If you have an upset stomach or fever or is not.

Urgent care is where we have to go now thanks to everybody who went to the hospital for the smallest things. Blame them.

I'm sure the medics advised u to take a ride.... Kinda like how a mechanic always advises you that your shocks are blown.

The medical industry is all about money.
What if it is a potential medical emergency that turns out not too severe? Are they going to turn around and classify it as a non-emergency and say therefore not 100%

Faceplanted

What if it is a potential medical emergency that turns out not too severe? Are they going to turn around and classify it as a non-emergency and say therefore not 100%

A fever... I mean it's common sense. Unless you have blood coming out of your eyes and potentially Ebola infected it's just a fever

Common sense seems to be gone these days.

After your first post I felt bad for you until I heard the reason you took the ride. I was in a pretty serious accident years ago, medical wanted to take me to the hospital soooooo bad... I declined and said if I felt anything bad I would drive my self or get a ride. I'm not falling for their money machine.

At the end of the day it's just the hospital. Tell them you can only afford 50 bucks a month and do what u gotta do

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special

Yep. You run the risk of it not being covered. Like an ER visit isn't covered unless you get admitted into the hospital.

upschuck

Here we go again saying that I chose to take an ambulance ride over a fever. I felt like I was going to faint and they told me it is aerious. What if a person had signs of a heart attack and it turns out nothing serious? Are you going to say these things to them? Are you guys grasping for straws to defend Teamcare from being talked about?
I was trying to talk about Teamcare, and you don't answer. Where does it say no ands, ifs, or buts like you say? Never seen any literature saying that, what I see says differently.

davburke

I was trying to talk about Teamcare, and you don't answer. Where does it say no ands, ifs, or buts like you say? Never seen any literature saying that, what I see says differently.
I called Teamcare.yesterday morning to verify ambulance coverages and the lady kept going on and on about under no circumstances are we charged anything for ambulance. I told her my situation and she was surprised. she put me on hold to talk to her supervisor and it took awhile for them to figure it out and they seemed surprised. I told the president of my Local and he seemed very shocked and he's saying it doesn't sound right

oldngray

nowhere special
You will find few people defending Teamcare. It is worse than the previous insurance for most people but it is what it is so you need to read and understand what it does and doesn't cover. Not rely on what someone who isn't even covered by Teamcare tells you.