America the Beautiful

vantexan

theyre directors too. wachowskis. but theyre obviously very well read, but most hollywood is not even capable of imitating the intelligence of the matrix bc theyre not well read. they took what was done before, and what they knew, and created something new.

its hilarious how you guys think movies are meaningless. again, we analyzed fiction works before college. im assuming you dont do that in school?
But you believe we're in a matrix and the movie confirms your belief in your view.

rickyb

But you believe we're in a matrix and the movie confirms your belief in your view.
thats like saying i believe in god.

i dont literally believe in god anymore i literally believe in a matrix. its symbolizes something and its telling us something about our world.

refineryworker05

they contribute to the lie

its not coincidence ellen who has a talk show was tougher on bernie than she was on hillary when hillary is obviously corrupt, its a consequence.
I don't know what you are talking about. But if your point is societies or nations have to present lies of national valor or national destiny or national greatness, or that rich people on tv generally support the current economic order, that's all you had to post. This stuff is not a secret, it is not hidden. Rich people, powerful corporations, do most of their dirt out in the open.

rickyb

I don't know what you are talking about. But if your point is societies or nations have to present lies of national valor or national destiny or national greatness, or that rich people on tv generally support the current economic order, that's all you had to post. This stuff is not a secret, it is not hidden. Rich people, powerful corporations, do most of their dirt out in the open.
i think it is largely hidden just based on how many lost ppl there are.

rickyb

chances of us living in a computer simulation is unlikely id guess. chances of god existing is unlikely id guess.

chances of us being manipulated by an "evil demon" to quote the philosopher descartes, and not a literal demon but ppl with power doing monkey business is extremely high. chances of people having no perspective and believing in lies is extremely high, in this case im referring to platos "allegory of the cave".

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
chances of us living in a computer simulation is unlikely id guess. chances of god existing is unlikely id guess.

chances of us being manipulated by an "evil demon" to quote the philosopher descartes, and not a literal demon but ppl with power doing monkey business is extremely high. chances of people having no perspective and believing in lies is extremely high, in this case im referring to platos "allegory of the cave".
Your opinion. God’s existence is very likely.

rickyb

Your opinion. God’s existence is very likely.
i believe in god but its symbolic for i dont know probably someone with power or things in life that are beyond our control. its probably the second point since it sounds like george lucas's force which was likely based on many religions. i like religions, im mean obviously theyre used for evil and who knows if they do more good than harm, but i dont literally believe in them, its all symbolic for something else.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
i believe in god but its symbolic for i dont know probably someone with power or things in life that are beyond our control. its probably the second point since it sounds like george lucas's force which was likely based on many religions. i like religions, im mean obviously theyre used for evil and who knows if they do more good than harm, but i dont literally believe in them, its all symbolic for something else.
Everything is beyond our control really. You can plan but there are no guarantees

refineryworker05

i think it is largely hidden just based on how many lost ppl there are.
No it is not. Anyone saying they have "secret" knowledge that most other people can't see... is usually either deluding themselves or engaging in conspiracy theories.

Rich people and corporations break US laws all the time, we just don't care. Heck, lobbying which is just rich people paying other rich people money to beg the government on their behalf is out in the open. There are all kinds of scams and pyramid scheme companies that rip off milions of Ameircans and yet are "legal" its all out in the open. Information about climate change, the coranivrus, etc are all out in the open, mfers just don't care.
Pick any issue and there are mulitple reports about it and no one is hiding. They don't have to.

I think a lot of people believe they are going to get friend'd over to some degree and that's jusr the way it is, but what they want is to not be on that society's lowest rung as long as certain out groups are doing worse that's the core of their political ideology.

Last edited:

rickyb

No it is not. Anyone saying they have "secret" knowledge that most other people can't see... is usually either deluding themselves or engaging in conspiracy theories.

Rich people and corporations break US laws all the time, we just don't care. Heck, lobbying which is just rich people paying other rich people money to beg the government on their behalf is out in the open. There are all kinds of scams and pyramid scheme companies that rip off milions of Ameircans and yet are "legal" its all out in the open. Pick any issue and there are mulitple reports about it and no one is hiding. They don't have to.
then how do you explain the amount of people who vote for corrupt candidates, or support bad economics, or watch bad news?

didnt 50% or so vote for trump or biden?

the world is under probably a few different major propaganda systems. used to be the west and the russia. not sure how it works now.

rickyb

You only think you do, many factors influence our decisions.
like god?

anyways youre talking about philosophy and im aware some ppl think we dont have choice and theres philosophical arguments for it, and ur favorite movie the matrix i think all of the machine programs had a deterministic outlook on life "choice is an illusion", "cause and effect" yadayada