American Patriot.

rickyb

Just because they have information about me doesn't mean they stole it.
You know what's great about google?
They know what music I like, I say "ok google, play music" and they play good music.
They know what news topics I'm interested in, I say "ok google, tell me the news", and they play podcasts I like. I say "ok google, remind me to ___ at ___ and they add it to my calendar, and remind me later. They know my typical travel schedule and push traffic alerts and destination times to my phone at the right times. They know where I am, and give me weather alerts.

The fact that they can aggregate this information and make it useful is a service, not a crime. No one is stealing anything kid, if you don't want them to have the information, don't freaking give it to them. Just hide in your parent's basement and let the world and all the benefits of technology pass you by.
you have no idea how much info they have on you, and most people including yourself dont know theyve given it all away and what that may mean for them in the future...

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
you have no idea how much info they have on you, and most people including yourself dont know theyve given it all away...
I just told you I "gave it away".
In exchange for a valuable service.

Have you considered that you're the idiot, and not EVERYONE else. I mean if I walk around all day and every single person I encounter is an a* hole, at what point do I have to stop and ask myself if maybe it's me that is the a* hole.

rickyb

Have you considered that you're the idiot, and not EVERYONE else. I mean if I walk around all day and every single person I encounter is an a* hole, at what point do I have to stop and ask myself if maybe it's me that is the a* hole.
but most people are haha. what do you think the matrix was about? most people are in it and dont know theyre being lied to.

some people are good at specific things, but they dont live a balanced life when you consider political engagment / knowledge.

A: you should have known that you were giving your info away and who and what its being sold to
B: you should have been paid for it

and im not saying YOU specifically, im saying people in general

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
but most people are haha. what do you think the matrix was about? most people are in it and dont know theyre being lied to.

some people are good at specific things, but they dont live a balanced life when you consider political engagment / knowledge.

A: you should have known that you were giving your info away and who and what its being sold to
B: you should have been paid for it

and im not saying YOU specifically, im saying people in general
What do you think I should be paid for giving google the information that I need to remember to change the air filter in my HVAC unit next week?

rickyb

What do you think I should be paid for giving google the information that I need to remember to change the air filter in my HVAC unit next week?
dont know but guys i listen to say we should be paid by facebook, google, etc, and i say its not obvious to enough people how much info they are gathering.

our own thoughts are influenced by what others think. im really proud of my political sources and i think its better than most people's sources here.
Most of my thoughts and sources come from my experience. I sometimes rely on others experience, like when I first replaced a set of exhaust risers. Try consoling with people with experience. And not just their thoughts.

It will be fine

our own thoughts are influenced by what others think. im really proud of my political sources and i think its better than most people's sources here.
Your complete inability to express the views of those sources in your own words is what people find bothersome. If you can't explain something yourself you lack an actual understanding of the subject matter.

rickyb

Your complete inability to express the views of those sources in your own words is what people find bothersome. If you can't explain something yourself you lack an actual understanding of the subject matter.
yea but i say alot of stuff off the top of my head here all the time and people dont recognize it because they dont like the messenger.

and sometimes its better your hear it direct.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And these extracts are presented out of context which means we have to go to the article to fully understand and trust it as presented.

rickyb

actually me and a coworker had this conversation a few months ago what did we think of human species and my conclusion was people arent good enough.

if you look around everything is done wrong, fashion, religion, economy, politics, news, education, etc.