An offer.. Epilogue

quad decade guy

Who is the OP blaming in this scenario? The driver or the guy not paying attention?

I don't affix blame. OSHA/NTSB/Company does.

I prefer prevention. However, the reason(s) this fatality happened are many. Most fatalities/accident/incidents are a series of errors-intentional or not. Most here are not interested in correcting/eliminating the behavior. Ultimately if blame is to be applied, the shifter must clear his/her drive path. The victim should not have been where he was with ear buds. Reckless behavior all. I have many opinions about Company and Union culture/procedures etc. that encourage this type of behavior.
Again the discussion never gets that far. Deflection , shaming , bullying and derision are SOP on BrownCafe.

542thruNthru

I don't affix blame.

Again the discussion never gets that far. Deflection , shaming , bullying and derision are SOP on BrownCafe.

giphy-26.gif

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Deflection , shaming , bullying and derision are SOP on BrownCafe.
Then why are you here?

Most here are not interested in correcting/eliminating the behavior.
What exactly do you want me to do about it? I work safe, I cannot control what other people do. It’s not my job on the line when they ef up and it’s not my job to correct them. That is above my pay grade.

Integrity

Binge Poster

I prefer prevention. However, the reason(s) this fatality happened are many. Most fatalities/accident/incidents are a series of errors-intentional or not. Most here are not interested in correcting/eliminating the behavior. Ultimately if blame is to be applied, the shifter must clear his/her drive path. The victim should not have been where he was with ear buds. Reckless behavior all. I have many opinions about Company and Union culture/procedures etc. that encourage this type of behavior.
I am very interested in your opinions about Company and Union culture/procedures etc. that encourage this unsafe behavior.

The discussion will go as far as you want.

I am even open to “Private Group Conversations” here on the BC.

You will not get any deflection, shaming , bullying and derision. I do not approve of this behavior on the BC or anywhere for that matter.

quad decade guy

Then why are you here?

What exactly do you want me to do about it? I work safe, I cannot control what other people do. It’s not my job on the line when they ef up and it’s not my job to correct them. That is above my pay grade.

I'm here to make "our"(that includes you) work area safer and eliminate avoidable, senseless injuries up to and including fatalities. Your ability for being obtuse/obstinate and the inability to comprehend cause/effect is stunning.

Working safe is relative. You have(in your own words) demonstrated a propensity to follow safety procedures when you "can put it in your routine". I never said it was your job to discipline any person. Again, I challenge anyone to logically explain why you would observe dangerous behavior and not say or do anything, leading to injuries and fatalities. I can't fix your cognitive abilities.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
You have(in your own words) demonstrated a propensity to follow safety procedures when you "can put it in your routine".

Right, I’m a loose cannon because I don’t use a pin puller. How many fatalities has not using a puller caused? Get real, now you’re being obtuse.
I never said it was your job to discipline any person. Again, I challenge anyone to logically explain why you would observe dangerous behavior and not say or do anything
And now you’re contradicting yourself.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm here to make "our"(that includes you) work area safer and eliminate avoidable, senseless injuries up to and including fatalities. Your ability for being obtuse/obstinate and the inability to comprehend cause/effect is stunning.

Working safe is relative. You have(in your own words) demonstrated a propensity to follow safety procedures when you "can put it in your routine". I never said it was your job to discipline any person. Again, I challenge anyone to logically explain why you would observe dangerous behavior and not say or do anything, leading to injuries and fatalities. I can't fix your cognitive abilities.
Do you really want to make a safer workplace?

You seem unwilling to take effective action.

You cannot avoid the processes necessary for change.

Integrity

Binge Poster

All observed violations to UPS Safety Training must be reported.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Slowing down production numbers would eliminate a lot of problems ,, but that train will never leave the station
Employees following the UPS Safety Training would eliminate a lot of problems.

Employees have a right to follow UPS Safety Training.

Each employee needs to stop blaming unethical management for their own behavior, stop being cowards and stand up for their right to follow UPS Safety Training

Integrity

Binge Poster

IMO

If individuals are posting in violation of BC TOS then you should report the posts.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Employees following the UPS Safety Training would eliminate a lot of problems.

Employees have a right to follow UPS Safety Training.

Each employee needs to stop blaming unethical management for their own behavior, stop being cowards and stand up for their right to follow UPS Safety Training
Really ,, over a repetitive 12 to 14 days of excessive overtime , in extreme heat or frost biting cold , being pushed to the max to meet their fake numbers , mistakes are made including injury , accidents or both , you do those hrs in a package car , then get back to me Mr Righteous !!

Integrity

Binge Poster
Really ,, over a repetitive 12 to 14 days of excessive overtime , in extreme heat or frost biting cold , being pushed to the max to meet their fake numbers , mistakes are made including injury , accidents or both , you do those hrs in a package car , then get back to me Mr Righteous !!
Mistakes are mistakes they will happen.

Intentionally cutting corners on Safety Training because of the behavior of low level management is not accidental and should be corrected.

If you believe your low level supervisors are directing you in opposition to UPS Safety Training you have an obligation and a right to report them.

Anyone who doesn’t, deserves what they get.