And down goes freight

robdabanks

Besides that, what the hell does FDX freight need a union for anyway, can someone please provide a example of the horrible sweatshop conditions they are working in that justify going union, the express and ground guys I can understand but freight really???, do any of you on this board actually know how easy LTL freight is?

It's not how easy or hard it is. Ask the guys how their benefits are or the guy who put 25 yrs in and gets 120 bucks for his pension.

White Line

It's not how easy or hard it is. Ask the guys how their benefits are or the guy who put 25 yrs in and gets 120 bucks for his pension.
Oh yeah I am crying alligator tears for the FDX Freight guys, .60 cents a mile on the Carlin turn, what is that at 530, oh about $318 just in miles not counting drop and hooks, hmm must be a rough life, oh common on the benefits, for Christ sake the LTL company I just got on with only does 5 western and offers us Blue Shield and 401K, you mean to tell me you Freight boys don't have that, and what pensions, from Viking/AF, now that's funny, why don't you go ask the Estes guys about their pension, oh wait a minute that was a G.I. trucking thing my bad, you see where I am coming from, no Master Freight = No Pension.

upschuck

Depending on how contract negotiations go will determine a lot if other areas accept or reject, and with Express and Ground, too.

White Line

See I have been on both sides, I have been a employee and I have been a employer, why the hell should a company pay a pension to someone, because they worked there? No here's the deal, the company paid you in exchange for your labor, you put in such and such hours or miles, and they paid you such and such pay in return, on top of that they provided benefits for you and the family, what more do these evil companies owe you, not trying to be an :censored2:, I am just trying to figure out the entitlement attitude, you see I appreciate what this new company offered me, I didn't expect it!

UPS4Life

See I have been on both sides, I have been a employee and I have been a employer, why the hell should a company pay a pension to someone, because they worked there? No here's the deal, the company paid you in exchange for your labor, you put in such and such hours or miles, and they paid you such and such pay in return, on top of that they provided benefits for you and the family, what more do these evil companies owe you, not trying to be an :censored2:, I am just trying to figure out the entitlement attitude, you see I appreciate what this new company offered me, I didn't expect it!
Why do some company's match or contribute towards 401k and others don't? We are a union company and have some of the best if not the best benefits to the job along with pay. I was taught that why would you want to bring somebody down to your level than try to fight to get up on theirs. A perfect example our health plan. I know it's different everywhere you go but some people have higher co-pays I heard some still don't have co-pays. So you would rather have somebody pay more than try and get it so you pay less?

Sent using BrownCafe App

vantexan

You're exactly right....a company earns billions in profits, why should it share any of that with the people who did the work that made the profit? Only a small group of all ready very wealthy individuals should get that profit. People should work paycheck to paycheck and never have anything extra. And when they're too old and broken down to work they should just kill themselves rather than be a burden to those with money who are too busy playing golf or drinking cocktails on the yacht to care. We're entitled to the assistance a pension gives so that we don't starve when we're 78.

White Line

Why do some company's match or contribute towards 401k and others don't? We are a union company and have some of the best if not the best benefits to the job along with pay. I was taught that why would you want to bring somebody down to your level than try to fight to get up on theirs. A perfect example our health plan. I know it's different everywhere you go but some people have higher co-pays I heard some still don't have co-pays. So you would rather have somebody pay more than try and get it so you pay less?

Oh ok so expect some of the smaller companies to come up to UPS standards and just by some miracle provide everything that UPS provides? Do me a favor, go punch your economics professor in the mouth please!
Sent using BrownCafe App

White Line

You're exactly right....a company earns billions in profits, why should it share any of that with the people who did the work that made the profit? Only a small group of all ready very wealthy individuals should get that profit. People should work paycheck to paycheck and never have anything extra. And when they're too old and broken down to work they should just kill themselves rather than be a burden to those with money who are too busy playing golf or drinking cocktails on the yacht to care. We're entitled to the assistance a pension gives so that we don't starve when we're 78.
Well I don't know I never envied rich people vantexan and their gay yachts and gay golf games to be honest, I would rather concentrate on the boats that I have bought with my own hard earned cash, furthermore you quit the company twice and came back and you want to blame them for everything instead of getting out when you should have, you own that mess not FDX or anyone else.

Indecisi0n

Well I don't know I never envied rich people vantexan and their gay yachts and gay golf games to be honest, I would rather concentrate on the boats that I have bought with my own hard earned cash, furthermore you quit the company twice and came back and you want to blame them for everything instead of getting out when you should have, you own that mess not FDX or anyone else.
Not that there's anything wrong with that...

White Line

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
There is a lot wrong with it IndecisiOn this vantexan guy has been wishy washy on a lot of :censored2:, he says one thing but then goes the other way, instead of being himself and sticking to his convictions, and I am calling him on it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh yeah I am crying alligator tears for the FDX Freight guys, .60 cents a mile on the Carlin turn, what is that at 530, oh about $318 just in miles not counting drop and hooks, hmm must be a rough life, oh common on the benefits, for Christ sake the LTL company I just got on with only does 5 western and offers us Blue Shield and 401K, you mean to tell me you Freight boys don't have that, and what pensions, from Viking/AF, now that's funny, why don't you go ask the Estes guys about their pension, oh wait a minute that was a G.I. trucking thing my bad, you see where I am coming from, no Master Freight = No Pension.

You're talking line-haul drivers, and do you even know for sure what the pay structure is? Maybe FedEx doesn't pay for drop and hooks, and I can guarantee you their pension sucks because they don't really even have one. It's a PPA, just like FedEx Express has.

Do your homework, then come back.

vantexan

There is a lot wrong with it IndecisiOn this vantexan guy has been wishy washy on a lot of :censored2:, he says one thing but then goes the other way, instead of being himself and sticking to his convictions, and I am calling him on it.
What wishy washy? There are couriers who think that FedEx can pay them UPS pay and benefits but I say where's the money to do that? Then there are guys like you who think that our work has no real value, we should just be thankful for whatever they give us. I'm somewhere in between. I earn every penny, don't expect them to pay me $35hr and never have. But I do expect them to honor their word on the pay and benefits that I worked so hard for, and they haven't. Doesn't matter that I've quit a couple of times, they've done this to thousands, not just me. As for me personally I'm at starting pay of my own doing, no one's fault but mine and don't expect them to do anything for me in the few years I'll be here. But I will say that their policies led me to quit last year, and is leading many to quit now. Instead of real change they are using short term stop gap measures that won't satisfy very many. Tell me something, if we should be satisfied with our paychecks then why can't they be satisfied with a paycheck? Certainly their pay is much more than our's. It's about the stock price, nothing more. All we've gone through, all the future hoops we'll jump through is about the stock price where the big money is at. Is it really worth ragging out, lying to, screwing over tens of thousands of people for money? Really? It's pathetic, and anyone who admires people who do such are pretty pathetic too. Oh boo hoo indeed.

dezguy

What wishy washy? There are couriers who think that FedEx can pay them UPS pay and benefits but I say where's the money to do that? Then there are guys like you who think that our work has no real value, we should just be thankful for whatever they give us. I'm somewhere in between. I earn every penny, don't expect them to pay me $35hr and never have. But I do expect them to honor their word on the pay and benefits that I worked so hard for, and they haven't. Doesn't matter that I've quit a couple of times, they've done this to thousands, not just me. As for me personally I'm at starting pay of my own doing, no one's fault but mine and don't expect them to do anything for me in the few years I'll be here. But I will say that their policies led me to quit last year, and is leading many to quit now. Instead of real change they are using short term stop gap measures that won't satisfy very many. Tell me something, if we should be satisfied with our paychecks then why can't they be satisfied with a paycheck? Certainly their pay is much more than our's. It's about the stock price, nothing more. All we've gone through, all the future hoops we'll jump through is about the stock price where the big money is at. Is it really worth ragging out, lying to, screwing over tens of thousands of people for money? Really? It's pathetic, and anyone who admires people who do such are pretty pathetic too. Oh boo hoo indeed.

I have seen very few people here who want UPS pay and benefits, we just want to be in the general ballpark.

barnyard

KTM rider
I've been on this forum for 4+ years, have seen numerous calls here for similar pay. Not so much lately, but pretty regular awhile back.

It used to be very common. It used to be the FE couriers made just a couple dollars an hour less than us. Our pay was pretty close.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
It used to be very common. It used to be the FE couriers made just a couple dollars an hour less than us. Our pay was pretty close.
When I started back in the early '80s the difference in pay was roughly about a buck (at least at my location), and we had real decent bennies - folks were bailing from Brown over to Purple like rats abandoning a sinking ship, simply because it was a much more attractive working environment.

Things have changed just a bit since then.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Van, I agree with you except for your statement about the company not having money to pay us like UPS. Express still makes money and a lot of it. Certainly they want you to believe otherwise. When you have 3 officers that cash in on their stock options as was done last week and the outcome was $14.6 million dollars just for them, well that should give you a clue. All the money is going under 2 umbrellas. One to make Fred and his cronies ultra rich and the other one is Ground's infrastructure. The rest of the crumbs is what we get.

Do you really think the upper tier management actually works for FedEx? No, the company is working for them, making them very wealthy. Think about it.