And so it begins...

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Saw a class of about 30 new drivers this morning in my hub. Can UPS already be gearing up for 22.4’s? I wouldn’t mind them bringing on a few more RPCD’s to pad my seniority a little bit.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Saw a class of about 30 new drivers this morning in my hub. Can UPS already be gearing up for 22.4’s? I wouldn’t mind them bringing on a few more RPCD’s to pad my seniority a little bit.

Since there is no contractual provision for 22.4 drivers currently, there is no such job classification, and the company can't hire 22.4 drivers yet. They also will not be able to force them to bid on 22.4 jobs if/when they begin.

PT Car Washer

Since there is no contractual provision for 22.4 drivers currently, there is no such job classification, and the company can't hire 22.4 drivers yet. They also will not be able to force them to bid on 22.4 jobs if/when they begin.
At my building UPS management is DQing new drivers and offering them an EAM job and afterwards running bulk and or LIBs or misloads or some pick ups all at top driver rate. Would you take a 22.4 FT job if offered or go load trailers PT for $10/hr?

F

Frankie's Friend

At my building UPS management is DQing new drivers and offering them an EAM job and afterwards running bulk and or LIBs or misloads or some pick ups all at top driver rate. Would you take a 22.4 FT job if offered or go load trailers PT for $10/hr?
The choice at that time upon ratification would be a minimum of $13 inside vs starting rate for 22.4s wouldn't it?

The Real Jack RyanMI6

Sounds about right the time between when i took my class and when I "started my 30 days," was right under 90 days or so if i remember correctly. So, that sounds about right given the time frame. Wrap up the contract for UPS and Wall Street in a pretty little bow. Have 22.4s all ready to go just in time for Christmas

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I'm not saying the company can't create conditions under which someone would likely bid for a 22.4 job, just saying they can't force them. If I were hired off the street for one job, and found out the company planned all along to get me to take a less desirable job, I wouldn't stick around to see what else they would be willing to do.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

I agree they cant force them, however if i read the contract right they could simply not post an rpcd job untill all the allowed 25% 22.4s were filled that would leave it up to you

The Real Jack RyanMI6

To wait and wait and... well you get the point. Besides, as the contract ststes if UPS can show an actual need they can exceed the 25% up to the demonstrated need. Now i dont know about you but ive never ever heard or seen UPS twist numbers!

The Real Jack RyanMI6

Ya i get your point
We're talking about a specific situation as posted by @Brown Biscuit, no need to read further into it.

I get your point however @Br
We're talking about a specific situation as posted by @Brown Biscuit, no need to read further into it.
Ya i get your point however @BrownBiscuit did tag it as 22.4 so i was replying to his comment tag and all

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Some locations can’t get drivers from the hub...they are hiring off the street...

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
I thought 22.4 drivers can only be filled with PTers assuming they want the job

Only RPCD. The 22.4 jobs are under 6-to-1 right off the bat. Still if the OP is true that should be a massive grievance unless theres a loophole somewhere.

Last edited:

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
There is nothing in the contract about pvd personal vehicle delivery drivers yet ups used them last peak.
Ups just violates the contract and lets it go to arbitration which takes two years.

542thruNthru

There is nothing in the contract about pvd personal vehicle delivery drivers yet ups used them last peak.
Ups just violates the contract and lets it go to arbitration which takes two years.

This was discussed here.
July 10th contract teleforum call

From what I remember Denis T said in the conference call (I believe @BigUnionGuy posted the recording in another thread) that the "no package driver shall be required to use his personal vehicle to deliver" was meant for PVDs. Seems weak but that's what he said. (If I remember correctly)

Here is the language in the tentative agreement. Article 26.
Screenshot_20180721-004507.png

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The whole using your own vehicle to deliver packages does not make any sense. Why would anybody want to jam a irreg or a over 70 in the back seat of your expensive sedan, think of the damage of your upholstery and door panels. Stupid language if you think about it, just the liability of insurance should of sunk that idea in the first place. What would happen if damage occurs to the vehicle, let alone an accident.

The only packages left on a daily basis in our building are for the most part irregulars and over 70's, so you would be lucky to have 2 packages stuck in your car. Logistically it sinks.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

This was discussed here.
July 10th contract teleforum call

From what I remember Denis T said in the conference call (I believe @BigUnionGuy posted the recording in another thread) that the "no package driver shall be required to use his personal vehicle to deliver" was meant for PVDs. Seems weak but that's what he said. (If I remember correctly)

Here is the language in the tentative agreement. Article 26.
View attachment 203154
I agree it does seem, as if UPS could easily get around that language for peak which is all they used pvds for last year and the year before

DirtySouth

"No package car driver."

PVD's aren't package car drivers.

You could drive a set of triples through the holes in the language Denis negotiates. He's a :censored2:ing joke. You'd think Rick H. and Keith B. would have enough sense to kick him under the table when he agrees to this :censored2: but they're just as inept.