And so it begins...

Tightupser

Those prob were seasonal drivers. My building is bringing them in super early too.
I have started to notice I few things along those lines too. USPS and amazon contract is set to end in October, new contract has 7 days a week language. Only can wonder what's up their sleeves..

Inthegame

There is nothing in the contract about pvd personal vehicle delivery drivers yet ups used them last peak.
Ups just violates the contract and lets it go to arbitration which takes two years.
If there's nothing in the contract about it how does it violate the contract?
BTW, it was a massive friend'up.

brown_trousers

I'm not saying the company can't create conditions under which someone would likely bid for a 22.4 job, just saying they can't force them. If I were hired off the street for one job, and found out the company planned all along to get me to take a less desirable job, I wouldn't stick around to see what else they would be willing to do.
My thoughts exactly. If this 22 4 nonsense ends up being a bad job, they wont be able to get people to take the job. Problem solved

So you're ok with the Union and company getting together to create terrible jobs. Good for you man!
upload_2018-7-20_10-38-2.png

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I never said that
Mkay, let's start over.
My thoughts exactly. If this 22 4 nonsense ends up being a bad job, they wont be able to get people to take the job. Problem solved
No one in their right mind should pass up a chance to go full time.

If someone says, 22.4 is a bad job I don't want it..... Then the guy who takes it will be able to bid an RPCD position first because FT seniority wins over PT seniority. The reality is people will take this job even if it's bad.

Saying the problem will solve itself if it's a bad job is nonsense. People take crappy jobs everyday, with the hopes of making good money driving. 22.4 puts another barrier in the way of that.

More years without top rate pay. It's basically a huge progression extension.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
This was discussed here.
July 10th contract teleforum call

From what I remember Denis T said in the conference call (I believe @BigUnionGuy posted the recording in another thread) that the "no package driver shall be required to use his personal vehicle to deliver" was meant for PVDs. Seems weak but that's what he said. (If I remember correctly)

Here is the language in the tentative agreement. Article 26.
View attachment 203154
And in UPS’s mind, we won’t “require” we will just “suggest”. If they don’t want to it’s ok, we will find some sap that will. Lol

Staydryitsraining

Since there is no contractual provision for 22.4 drivers currently, there is no such job classification, and the company can't hire 22.4 drivers yet. They also will not be able to force them to bid on 22.4 jobs if/when they begin.
Lol from where I'm sitting you guys who still think the company can't and won't do what they want need to retire so more people in reality can be employed and maybe wake this joke of a union up.