And we didn't even get a Turkey!!!!!!!!!

airbusfxr

Oh in 2007, 08, 09 he got the 675% increase. See old SEC statements for that compensation package. Whats really funny is that he ran OPL and remember how that turned out. I got stuck with 800 shares of OPL and I was paid pennies for it. Sad.

browniehound

I'm not going to bash Scott Davis for his compensation. It was given to him and he took it. You can't fault a guy for that. 5.5 million is the low end of compensation given to CEO's of major corporations. The problem is not with the CEO's its with the board of directors paying them these huge salaries.

In the 1970's the CEO on average would earn about 5-7 times the highest earning worker. Now, CEO's get 30-100 times their workers salary. This is where the problem lies.

And yes, I'm pissed about the turkeys. Not for the monetary value but because of tradition. Its tradition man! You can't put a dollar value on that. UPS lost its last claim to old school business and the tradition of the American worker when they discontinued the turkeys. It would be like the USA cancelling Independence Day to save money. Not the place to cut costs.

The company is turning a profit, why cut out the turkeys?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I'm not going to bash Scott Davis for his compensation. It was given to him and he took it. You can't fault a guy for that. 5.5 million is the low end of compensation given to CEO's of major corporations. The problem is not with the CEO's its with the board of directors paying them these huge salaries.

In the 1970's the CEO on average would earn about 5-7 times the highest earning worker. Now, CEO's get 30-100 times their workers salary. This is where the problem lies.

And yes, I'm pissed about the turkeys. Not for the monetary value but because of tradition. Its tradition man! You can't put a dollar value on that. UPS lost its last claim to old school business and the tradition of the American worker when they discontinued the turkeys. It would be like the USA cancelling Independence Day to save money. Not the place to cut costs.

The company is turning a profit, why cut out the turkeys?
I could add why cut out the recognition awards, on the milestone level, the rest they could keep, but milestone Man, come on, but I wont add it.