Andrew McCabe Admits The Deep State FBI Tried To Remove Trump

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
DOJ Officials Had Discussions About Pushing Trump Out

“The work of the FBI is being undermined by the current president,” Mr. McCabe wrote. “He and his partisan supporters have become corrosive to the organization.”

Mr. McCabe was fired last March and stripped of his pension days before his planned retirement, after the Justice Department’s inspector general found he had “lacked candor” in conversations with agents for the FBI’s unit doing internal reviews and others about his involvement in a Wall Street Journal article about an FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

Some Justice Department officials had also pressed prosecutors on whether they could charge Mr. McCabe for intentionally misleading investigators or other actions before his planned retirement, the Journal previously reported, in a manner that some felt inappropriate.

newfie

DOJ Officials Had Discussions About Pushing Trump Out

“The work of the FBI is being undermined by the current president,” Mr. McCabe wrote. “He and his partisan supporters have become corrosive to the organization.”

Mr. McCabe was fired last March and stripped of his pension days before his planned retirement, after the Justice Department’s inspector general found he had “lacked candor” in conversations with agents for the FBI’s unit doing internal reviews and others about his involvement in a Wall Street Journal article about an FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

Some Justice Department officials had also pressed prosecutors on whether they could charge Mr. McCabe for intentionally misleading investigators or other actions before his planned retirement, the Journal previously reported, in a manner that some felt inappropriate.

police state discussing a coup. nothing wrong here.

Box Ox

police state discussing a coup. nothing wrong here.

It does worry me that the talk of prodding Trump’s cabinet to invoke the 25th Anendment apparently came so soon after Comey was fired.

This was early 2017, right? Trump had barely had time to take a dump post-election. Any real talk of a “Mad King” at that point should be reason for concern.

Will definitely be watching the interview Sunday.

newfie

It does worry me that the talk of prodding Trump’s cabinet to invoke the 25th Anendment apparently came so soon after Comey was fired.

This was early 2017, right? Trump had barely had time to take a dump post-election. Any real talk of a “Mad King” at that point should be reason for concern.

Will definitely be watching the interview Sunday.

I have to refresh my memory on the 25th amendment. I'm sure there will be a million experts to argue the points on the various media channels but I don't believe the process is supposed to originate with a law enforcement agency.

it looks like McCabe is already trying to walk back his talk about it.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I have to refresh my memory on the 25th amendment. I'm sure there will be a million experts to argue the points on the various media channels but I don't believe the process is supposed to originate with a law enforcement agency.

I bet he is ... fairly incriminating.

Box Ox

The part that makes it weirder for me is that the 25th Amendment is meant for removal of an incapacitated President. Not for any reason of legal/political wrongdoing. That’s not FBI territory. Which would make me tend to think that if true, there was personal animus involved.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Alan Dershowitz: Using 25th Amendment To Oust Trump
Is "Clearly An Attempt At A Coup D'Etat"

Retired Harvard Law School professor Alan Dershowitz says attempting to use the 25th Amendment to circumvent an election is despicable.
"If [McCabe’s comments are] true, it is clearly an attempt at a coup d’état," Dershowitz said.

Ever since I heard McCabe's testimony, I have been saying he could wind up in prison ... now my legal adviser Alan Dershowitz agrees.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

The 25th Amendment is not even remotely applicable in this instance.
The 25th Amendment was put in place to replace a President who is sick (like Woodrow Wilson) or shot like Reagan was and Alex Haig tried to take over the government.

Removing a President because of politics or "I don't like the jerk!" (for instance, @BrownArmy) are not under the purview of the 25th Amendment. That is why the impeachment process is place and defined in the original Constitution.

BrownArmy

The 25th Amendment is not even remotely applicable in this instance.
The 25th Amendment was put in place to replace a President who is sick (like Woodrow Wilson) or shot like Reagan was and Alex Haig tried to take over the government.

Removing a President because of politics or "I don't like the jerk!" (for instance, @BrownArmy) are not under the purview of the 25th Amendment. That is why the impeachment process is place and defined in the original Constitution.

Correct.

That’s not how Trump will fail.

No honey, we’re going to take Trump down with the ballot box.

He’s a cancerous fat fk.

It’s clear he has a sixth-grade vocabulary/mentality...you were in Management, would you hire that guy?

He clearly mimics right-wing talking points in his search to be relevant, which is weird, because HE’S THE PRESIDENT...

Instead of living his truth, he’s got a shadow cable-news cabinet: Hannity and Coulter.

(Trump used to be a Democrat, used to be anti-gun, used to be pro-abortion, etc., until he realized he could court the weak-minded, feed them a line of crap, and get elected...)

Trump and his family have left no stone unturned in terms of how they can profit off this Presidency.

It’s sick.

BrownArmy2020, I assume I have your vote.

Box Ox

But that's not your conclusion with the Mueller investigation?

No. The Russians meddled in the 2016 election in order to help Trump assume the Presidency. And it should be investigated. Trump should have no worries if there's no evidence pointing to wrongdoing on his part.

foznf9.png

vantexan

No. The Russians meddled in the 2016 election in order to help Trump assume the Presidency. And it should be investigated. Trump should have no worries if there's no evidence pointing to wrongdoing on his part.

foznf9.png
He's done more against the Russians than Obama did. And all of this has been investigated. And it's pretty clear from McCabe et al that all of this was an attempt to bring him down.

Box Ox

He's done more against the Russians than Obama did. And all of this has been investigated. And it's pretty clear from McCabe et al that all of this was an attempt to bring him down.

Won't work if there's no evidence of wrongdoing, soooooo.......bad plan?

If I were innocent Trump I'd be sitting back waiting for the day the "nothing to see here" report drops and I could really lower the boom on the Democrats.

Is it looking like that's where this whole thing is headed?

vantexan

Won't work if there's no evidence of wrongdoing, soooooo.......bad plan?

If I were innocent Trump I'd be sitting back waiting for the day the "nothing to see here" report drops and I could really lower the boom on the Democrats.

Is it looking like that's where this whole thing is headed?
You tell me Cochise.