Another contract thread

Is this going to pass?

• Total voters

HarryWarden

Honestly, they would’ve been smarter if they had given the Covid bonus as well. $5000 for full timers, 2500 for part-timers for the two years or something similar to that. I honestly thought they might because of the 2/3 real being gone.
It’s very surprising. The main things SOB talked about was us working through Covid and rewarding long term part timers. We ended up getting nothing for Covid and a one time $1 for long term part timers

To be fair though, during Covid my building did hang a banner calling us all heroes, so that was nice

People are still talking about a strike could happen if this TA gets a no vote. Is this even possible at this time? I thought all they could do now was go back to the table and we would continue working for x amount of time until we vote again.

Saw someone here mention that SOB could ultimately ratify it on his own and take full responsibility of telling us this is truly the best deal we are going to get and face the membership.

I read that we should never vote yes on a first TA.. seems unlikely they could present us with an even lesser agreement thereafter.. has that happened before?

Last edited:

nWo

No way of knowing what UPS will do if we vote the contract down. They might tweak some things or they might just wait us out. In theory we could vote this down and UPS could lock us out.

nWo

Is it dumb for them to return to the bargaining table to address the members concerns?

But all of the concerns were sent to the negotiating committee months ago. And from the looks of it they were all addressed. Voting no just to vote no is probably not a good idea. What are your concerns that haven't been addressed?

But all of the concerns were sent to the negotiating committee months ago. And from the looks of it they were all addressed. Voting no just to vote no is probably not a good idea. What are your concerns that haven't been addressed?
I don't have all of them right now but there must be more like the guaranteed 4hrs for PT from the NMA Contract Proposals document when people were submitting their recommendations. That is still going to be 3.5hrs right?