Another fatal accident

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We were told at the morning meeting, that a driver out of highland heights (near cleveland) was killed. I assume the calling hours are over, as it kind of sounded like he knew her and has worked there before.
He said she got out of the car went around the front of the truck to cross the street and got hit by a car going 55mph.
I cannot find anything on it in any of the major papers in the area. I will need to go in early tomorrow and get the info. Its sad that these things get covered up so deeply that those of us who would like to cannot send anything.
If the words I heard are true, she did the wrong thing, but who among us hasn't. Just trying to save a few steps I suspect. She had recently started driving, from pt.

over9five

Staff member
I ALWAYS go around the front of the car. There is no protection standing at the back of your car. One car slipping on icy or wet roads, and you're crushed against your back bumper.

Sad story two weeks before Christmas.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I was told it happened a few yrs ago, and it was a clerk, who was a jumper, and not a driver. He was using it as an example, and I misunderstood, but so did everyone else. Sorry.