Another industry to be swallowed by technology

Sportello

I believe the Doctor (PHD) across from me who picks out the produce used worldwide by Subway.......the organic stuff is the dirtiest of all.
A field of organic veggies planted on a square patch surrounded by electrical wires would be passed over by Subway standards.
I don't buy it if it says "organic".......usually the organic looks a bit rotten. I need all the preservatives I can get at my age.

Hard to beat that! /s

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I guess you're not a sushi fan.
Actually, I do eat on occasion and yes, it does occur to me I am eating uncooked fish but I do love sushi ... especially nigiri from tuna belly or salmon.
Ate geoduck once ... that was enough for me ... too many cases of biotoxins reported.
Fried shrimp heads are good too.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There are persons still needed to monitor the robots and load the products into trailers or train cars.
The people monitoring must be sitting in a temperature controlled office. We've got the conveyor rubis trailers and they put our unloaders to shame.

If the union would pull its head from its ass it would be bargaining for education and training to monitor and service the equipment that's going to put people out of a job.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Perfection is rarely achieved.
I'm not afraid but I am prudent.

I'll add composted manure to my garden when I till it if I think it's needed.

Root crops and vegetables that lay on the ground will get a good wash. Stuff like tomatoes, I don't worry much about. Hell, my 3 year old grandson picks them right off the vine and eats them like apples, and he's as healthy as he can be.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'll add composted manure to my garden when I till it if I think it's needed.

Root crops and vegetables that lay on the ground will get a good wash. Stuff like tomatoes, I don't worry much about. Hell, my 3 year old grandson picks them right off the vine and eats them like apples, and he's as healthy as he can be.
Tomatoes are fine ... I grow them. (Although apples are a concern too)
It's mainly the lay on ground or underground I would be concerned about.