Another Mass Shooting. Milwaukee At Beer Plant

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I never knew you were management
I was not the normal management person ... I cared about my people from Day 1 until I retired.
I looked at my job as to facilitate my reports doing the job to the best of their abilities while at the same time, protecting them from the impulsiveness of management above me.
I was not good at chewing people out and to some extent ... holding them accountable.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I had one I interviewed when in HR . guy told me he killed someone when he was 15 and spent the next 8 years incarcerated. One of the best interviews I ever had in HR . Totally honest , totally sincere. I told him I wished I could hire him but I couldn't.
I wish I had tried to handle it differently but it was a few years before we started to change our way of thinking. I still think he would have done a good job. five to 10 years later we did hire someone like that and the guy did a great job for us.
I totally support giving people a second chance!
I'm glad UPS has changed in this respect.

watdaflock?

I had one I interviewed when in HR . guy told me he killed someone when he was 15 and spent the next 8 years incarcerated. One of the best interviews I ever had in HR . Totally honest , totally sincere. I told him I wished I could hire him but I couldn't.
I wish I had tried to handle it differently but it was a few years before we started to change our way of thinking. I still think he would have done a good job. five to 10 years later we did hire someone like that and the guy did a great job for us.
I didn't know McDonald's had an HR department?