another one bites the dust

Holydriver

Bernie has a better track record than most. We've been lied to before yes, but we've also got to move forward anyway.
you wont change my mind and i wont change yours. that, at least, is one thing we have going for us. we can have positive or negative views about our politicians without the fear of being sent away to a place like siberia, or have our family placed inside a political prisoner camp for political reeducation like a place like north korea. that is something we americans have in our favor. but as the PC left takes control, one asks himself, how long will we have these freedoms? trump wont change it, bernie wont change it, and the next president wont. but if we keep on voting in these hard core leftists like obama, bernie, hillary, their predecessor and so on and so forth, we will soon realize we no longer have that freedom.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
you wont change my mind and i wont change yours. that, at least, is one thing we have going for us. we can have positive or negative views about our politicians without the fear of being sent away to a place like siberia, or have our family placed inside a political prisoner camp for political reeducation like a place like north korea. that is something we americans have in our favor. but as the PC left takes control, one asks himself, how long will we have these freedoms? trump wont change it, bernie wont change it, and the next president wont. but if we keep on voting in these hard core leftists like obama, bernie, hillary, their predecessor and so on and so forth, we will soon realize we no longer have that freedom.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Government healthcare?

Try the VA and you will change your mind.

The VA is a mess, no argument there, and they deserve the absolute finest available. One reason that they get shafted is again, the drug costs have us all held captive to the highest prices on the planet. The pharma industry has written the rules that forbid the VA from negotiating for lower costs. That would and should be combined with Medicare for All. Not free, but at least more affordable.

MC4YOU2

Then everyone pays the same percentage?

I'd be for that.

A lot of companies are paying zero and shipping jobs away. The top 20 richest people are likely not even paying "income" tax at all, since they can count their investments as capital gains. We have allowed them both to ride for free for decades. We'd need to catch up quite a ways before we could all pay one rate.

MC4YOU2

I'm concerned about my freedoms as well. I'm concerned that banks are doing all my talking for me.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Flat tax is a great idea. Have always supported it. However, the complications, confusion, and general misunderstanding of the current tax code, more business as usual. Everyone feels the need to take advantage or win at something, anything; hence the "politics" that have brought us to where we are today. Another and probably the biggest reason you will never, ever, not in a million years, see a true flat tax in our society...all of the accountants, auditors, attorneys, etc who would be driven out of business thereby adding to the unemployment, welfare mess that also exists. Everything has its price.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The VA is a mess, no argument there, and they deserve the absolute finest available. One reason that they get shafted is again, the drug costs have us all held captive to the highest prices on the planet. The pharma industry has written the rules that forbid the VA from negotiating for lower costs. That would and should be combined with Medicare for All. Not free, but at least more affordable.
The VA isn't a mess because of drug prices.

The VA is a mess because our government is incompetent.

Don't trust our government to do anything well except kill people and break things.

realbrown1

A lot of companies are paying zero and shipping jobs away. The top 20 richest people are likely not even paying "income" tax at all, since they can count their investments as capital gains. We have allowed them both to ride for free for decades. We'd need to catch up quite a ways before we could all pay one rate.
Hey, I am in favor of a flat tax (10%) with no deductions.

Make $1,000,000.00 pay $100,000.00 in taxes.

Make $50,000.00 pay $5,000.00 in taxes.

Make $15,000.00 pay $1,500.00 in taxes.

You just have 10% taken out of each paycheck, and you don't have to file income tax returns at the end of the year.

We could lay off thousands of IRS workers if it were that simple.

Bloated govern!ment workers are the only workers I would like to see layed off.

realbrown1

I posted in another thread, asking who was the last candidate that actually helped unions. Nothing but crickets over there. Same here. Everyone needs to wake up and realize that politicians are NOT the answer, they're the problem. Maybe it's time we vote for someone that will actually wants to help us and isn't controlled by special interests.
You are right.

I support Trump in hopes the he can bring jobs back.

More jobs helps unions.

At least that is my theory.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The pay is terrible. It's a government job so no one fears for their job. It's all new grads or people looking to retire for the most part.

My wife could of taken a va job. A pension and a little tuition reimbursement wasn't worth 70k a year.

Brownslave688

You just have 10% taken out of each paycheck, and you don't have to file income tax returns at the end of the year.

I've talked to my CPA friend about this. She mostly does audits and says it's highly unlikely her job would be affected.

realbrown1

I've talked to my CPA friend about this. She mostly does audits and says it's highly unlikely her job would be affected.
Oh really?

If the tax rate is 10%, and you have 10% taken out of your paychecks negating the need to file income tax returns, that would eliminate most needs for audits.

Now business owners would be a different story.

But audits numbers would go way, way down.

Brownslave688

Oh really?

If the tax rate is 10%, and you have 10% taken out of your paychecks negating the need to file income tax returns, that would eliminate most needs for audits.

Now business owners would be a different story.

But audits numbers would go way, way down.
Her firm does lots of large business audits.

I agree though why should taxes be so hard. I think closer to 20% would have to be your number but I really wouldn't care what it was if it was the same

MC4YOU2

It's possible. It's very unlikely in our lifetime. My way of looking at our current mess, is that by wealthy individuals paying only the capital gains rate, say 15%, for millions or ten's of millions or hundreds of millions (or just plain hiding it all together) annually, they've got an obligation to catch themselves up date. The fair way to do that is to raise their rates. It was over 90% under Eisenhower and Kennedy. It can always go down again and likely would.

Brownslave688

It's possible. It's very unlikely in our lifetime. My way of looking at our current mess, is that by wealthy individuals paying only the capital gains rate, say 15%, for millions or ten's of millions or hundreds of millions (or just plain hiding it all together) annually, they've got an obligation to catch themselves up date. The fair way to do that is to raise their rates. It was over 90% under Eisenhower and Kennedy. It can always go down again and likely would.
You can't go back and try and make history fair.

MC4YOU2

You can't go back and try and make history fair.

Well you're free to disagree with me brother, but I believe we can certainly make a difference going forward.
The free ride has to end at some point. Those who have benefitted most from gaming the system will have to pay the piper. The sooner the better for them as well.
Even the republicans are proposing some of these. Trump wants to tax hedge funds and close the carried interest loophole. Even Jeb says he wants those who make most of their income from capital gains to pay regular income tax rates.