Another "taken out of service thread"

Overpaid Union Thug

Been back to work for 2 weeks now and I caught wind yesterday that the POS supervisor that caused all of this was seen in the preload managers office on Thursday. The union steward told me yesterday told me that the supervisor had been re hired. I am in disbelief at this point. Anyone care to comment on how this is playing out?
UPS seems to make a habit out of rehiring POS supervisors. Its a shame but at least we can through that in their faces when they start bashing the union for defending certain hourly scumbags.

Cute-UPS-Man

A shop steward told me to get a civil lawyer and file a lawsuit against the company to make them fire the supervisor and keep him out for good. I don't know if that's a good idea...

10 point

A shop steward told me to get a civil lawyer and file a lawsuit against the company to make them fire the supervisor and keep him out for good. I don't know if that's a good idea...
Doesn't your local have attorneys? If not, get a free consultation if you have to see one who isn't a rep for the local and find out from an labor attorney what your response to him being rehired in your building can be.

We go to work to make money. We have the right to a safe work environment. If the company wants to retain supervision with violent histories then they should face legal ramifications for not protecting their employees and creating (and supporting) a hostile work environment.

Last edited:

10 point

It's not.
Since when did you become an attorney?

You werent the one threatened and assaulted. I've been there. They sent the supe home for THE DAY. In front of the center manager he told me that he wanted to take me outside the building and kick my ass after he pressed me to the edge of a dock.

Why does the management get away with these violent acts? Because people (like you) are afraid to stand up for themselves given the job opportunities situation and healthcare issues in the USA right now.

Do you think that companies don't know this and use it to their advantage?
I hope one day the abuses get made public and the real brand image changes for all employees sake.

10 point

The first thing I would do tomorrow is to take your shop steward with you to the supe over your work area and address your fear of reprisal and future attacks from this former supe if he is rehired.

Have the steward take a note pad and document the conversation so that the company can ascertain that you are creating a legal paper trail.

DO talk to an attorney. No one should have to be afraid on or off the job after being threatened by company management or any employee they work with.

Your city prosecutor or law director would be a good stop too if the management wants to rehire this jerk in your building and your supervision doesn't address your valid concerns.

P.S./Don't be naive. They can change the game plan on you for exposing his violent tendencies. Dirty tricks are passed on. Fight the rehiring of this guy while you have a chance and watch your back.

Cute-UPS-Man

Thanks for the info 10Point. I have been in touch with an attorney and i'm waiting to hear back from them to see what their thoughts are on this situation.

10 point

Thanks for the info 10Point. I have been in touch with an attorney and i'm waiting to hear back from them to see what their thoughts are on this situation.
The stories on here (and in our area first hand) get really old.
I came to work there because I thought it was a highly professional place to work and since that time I've witnessed behavior that I've only seen in bars and street altercations.

Just remember one thing. You have a file. It's reviewed by new management. None of them are your friends no matter what they get you to believe and if it comes down to it you'll be looking at the bottom of the bus, not them, if they can get it done. Standing up for yourself and filing grievances gets you highlighted so expect to watch your back from now on.

Be smart. Do your job impeccably. Watch what you say to everyone at work. Keep your eyes moving. Smile a lot.

I hope you find a better job after your wife graduates. Life is too short to compromise your values in a place that supports and ignores violent actions.

Faceplanted

Like I said before you should have lawyered up a long time ago..... Especially if you have witnessed that can get called if there was a trial...

You could have tens of thousands... If not six figures. That's what I would have done. Ups will not fight if they will just settle, especially with the supervisors history.

But hey man if your ok with 0 back pay, and the supervisor back at work.... You deserve nothing.

Nobody stands up for them selves any more. The only way u hit ups is where it hurts and that's their pocket.