Another View of Newt Gingrich

wkmac

The first piece on Newt. I see his point but no relevancy ... Newt can be petulant with the media. Sort of a weird site ... I just had the feeling that there was a piece somewhere you wanted us to read but not the first one that came up.

Not sure this is the case but after the 4th paragraph and the badly placed ad, the story continues below it and you'll find more including several links to support the conclusion. If you saw this and it's still gobbledgook, then it's gobbledgook. I've got no problem with that conclusion if you arrive at it honestly!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not sure this is the case but after the 4th paragraph and the badly placed ad, the story continues below it and you'll find more including several links to support the conclusion. If you saw this and it's still gobbledgook, then it's gobbledgook. I've got no problem with that conclusion if you arrive at it honestly!

OKAY ... the ads looked like articles and they change. Like I said - a weirdly laid out site.

These things are known about Gingrich and other stuff as well.
As I said earlier on another thread (or maybe this one) I consider Newt to be a Social Democrat in the vein of GW Bush (hopefully not as bad).
Still not as fiscally irresponsible as Obama.

I would love for Ron Paul to be the nominee ... I feel he is the only candidate for the presidency that will actually try to reign in and even cut National government spending.

wkmac

Democrats In Drag, Part 3
The most-heralded achievement and high water mark of Republican leadership since the revival of America’s military superiority under Ronald Reagan is, without question, the coming forth of the “Contract With America” during the election of 1994.

Its 100-day surge through the House of Representatives, with its visionary agenda and its promise and delivery of lock-arm partisan voting, is a singular feat; such a one that ever since Republicans have looked back with fondness and longing for a revival of ‘the good old days.’
Seven years later, as election 2000 approached, conservative Republicans, unhappy with the current party, unhappy with their wishy-washy candidate-in-chief (former Texas Governor George W. Bush), still held out hope that Governor Bush or some other Republican would rise up, Newt Gingrich-like, with charisma, courage and acumen, and take a firm grip on the reins of the party, take the heat, and show the American people what the Republican Party and conservatism is really all about.
But why all the nostalgia for the “good old days”? Are we really sure that they were that good and that conservative? For missing in action in this dreamy partisan memory of everything lovely is the honest reality that things weren’t so lovely after all. The conservative Contract With America was deceptively liberal, if not radical, the strong-arm “in house” tactics of its chief proponent were anything but democratic, and the same man’s established political loyalties were ironically tied to the very political movement he was tough guy-like fighting – even Clinton, Gore and the Third Way.
A few knew this from day one, but most failed to see the connection even though Newt Gingrich — give him points for honesty — laid it in the open on more than a few occasions for those who cared to listen. Few did.

continuing

Gingrich revealed to Congress: “For a long time, I have been friends with Alvin and Heidi Toffler, the authors of ‘Future Shock’ and ‘The Third Wave.’ (3)
“I first began working with the Tofflers in the early 1970s on a concept called anticipatory democracy. I was then a young assistant professor at West Georgia State College, and I was fascinated with the intersection of history and the future, which is the essence of politics and government at its best.
“For twenty years we [who's we?] have worked to develop a future-conscious politics and popular understanding that would make it easier for America to make the transition from the Second Wave civilization [the one our Founders gave us] – which is clearly dying – to the emerging, but in many ways undefined, Third Wave civilization [Alvin Toffler's Centrist Utopia].
“The process has been more frustrating and the progress much slower than I would have guessed two decades ago. Yet despite the frustrations, the development of a Third Wave political and governmental system is so central to the future of freedom and the future of America that it must be undertaken.”

Gingrich, Toffler and Gore: A Peculiar Trio

804brown

The real reason the newt is so open to illegal "aliens". That is him in the picture on the left from Men in Black!! Talk about a brith certificate!! LOL

804brown

There are more poor White people than poor Black people in the USA.

I mowed lawns from the time I was 10 until 14 when I got a job as a bag boy at a grocery store and worked my way up to butcher before I left for college. My family was poor since both parents were blind and they would not accept help from the National government. Both my parents worked for $0.35/hour when the minimum wage was $1.80. I know being poor and discrimination against blind people first hand. Sighted people including Black people made the minimum wage doing the same job.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/03/opinion/blow-newts-war-on-poor-children.html?_r=1

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You need to explain this one wkmac ... this gobbledegook was like reading MFE.

Here's some more. Newt's little rant the other day spoke directly to the Tea Party base, which views Blacks as lazy, welfare queens etc. In short, all the things Rush and the rest of them say every day in code. Reading between the lines of Newt's idiotic comments, teaching them to clean toilets and mop floors will prepare them for bright futures as janitors and maids, the careers that Tea Partiers think Blacks are most suited for, and capable of.

Pulling oneself up by their bootstraps (another GOP mantra) is a bit more difficult when the larger White society has the deck stacked against you. Oh, and your comment that there are more poor Whites than Blacks may be true in terms of sheer numbers, but proportionately, there are many more poor Blacks, baecause they only make up 12% of the population.

Wrong again. Why am I not surprised?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Some times people change. I'm not saying Newt, but I was raised in a Democrat household. I voted Democrat.......I lobbied in Columbus with my union against any child labor.
Now, that I've regained my senses, I vote repuplican. I'm conservative. I think the ACLU sucks. PETA sucks. Obama sucks, etc, etc,

I think the same when "flip-flop" is used. People change sometimes. I believed one way and now believe differently.

Kids are brought up saying prayers to Jesus...............then they go to college and become atheists.....they change and we don't call that flip-flopping.

Theres a reason its not called flip flopping moreluck, its called DE PROGRAMMING.

peace.

wkmac

No Republican candidate running in the 2012 Presidential Primary is a bigger member of the Republican political establishment than Newt Gingrich. He represents everything that the elite Republican establishment has stood for, for the past 32 years. He epitomizes the ‘Rockefeller wing’ of the Republican Party. He is a typical ‘checked pants’ Republican. And just because he has not held an elected office for the last twelve of those thirty-two years, that does not mean that he has not kept his hand in politics, or that he has been out of the loop. During the past twelve years, Newt Gingrich has been a well-paid Washington D.C. lobbyist, and political consultant, earning the ‘big bucks’ that his 20-year career in Congress could bring him. And with his knowledge of all the ropes, and his connections to all of the insiders, he probably feels that he is worth every penny that he charged his clients.
In other words, Newt Gingrich is a career politician who has been Cashing In on His Political Connections, and on his many years on Capitol Hill. He is a member of the political ‘revolving door club’, just like Senators Tom Daschle and Bob Dole, and Secretaries of State Henry Kissinger and Madeleine Albright. Newt Gingrich is the quintessential insider, a consummate politician, and the farthest thing from the example laid down by the Founding Fathers as you can possibly get!

Even some of the folks at RedState.com are going after Newt.

And here's a telling quote from the Newt:

“The American challenge in leading the world is compounded by our Constitution… either we are going to have to rethink our Constitution, or we are going to have to rethink our process of making decisions.”

Newt, I hope we rethink you and the process and abandon the both for the better of our society!

wkmac

IMO, that term applies to 0bama even more than to newt.

But you could rightly argue had there been no Newt to lay the political ground work of 20 years, plus years lobbying, what Obama has done may not have even been possible.

But you could rightly argue had there been no Newt to lay the political ground work of 20 years, plus years lobbying, what Obama has done may not have even been possible.
Now you have me confused, I thought you said from the beginning of our Republic the corruption began? Wouldn't that make newt a victim of circumstance? ;)

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Now you have me confused, I thought you said from the beginning of our Republic the corruption began? Wouldn't that make newt a victim of circumstance? ;)

IT DID. Article 1 section 9.

Newt Gingrich just doesnt know the 13th amendment changed all that.

He's still stuck on the "original intention" of our founding fathers like the Tea Party is.

Peace.

wkmac

I've seen a few parodies of Downfall that were good but this one is a rib splitter on several levels!

Considering who Gingrich really is, I thought the uniforms represent the views of Gingrich very well!

IT DID. Article 1 section 9.

Newt Gingrich just doesnt know the 13th amendment changed all that.

He's still stuck on the "original intention" of our founding fathers like the Tea Party is.

Peace.
Sorry, that doesn't even fit into what was being discussed. Now I can't decide if Klein is copying you or you copying him.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Pelosi: On Second Thought, Maybe I Don’t Have Any Dirt on Gingrich…

Nice job, Nancy.
(ABC News) — House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi now says she is not sitting on a trove of opposition research on former House Speaker-turned-GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich.

In an interview conducted Friday and published Monday, Pelosi hinted that once the time is right she has some juicy stories to tell about her former colleague.

“One of these days we’ll have a conversation about Newt Gingrich,” Pelosi, D-Calif., told Talking Points Memo. “I know a lot about him. I served on the investigative committee that investigated him. Four of us locked in a room in an undisclosed location for a year. A thousand pages of his stuff.”

But this afternoon, Pelosi’s spokesman, Drew Hammill, suggested that her comments have been misconstrued beyond the leader’s intent.
“Leader Pelosi was clearly referring to the extensive amount of information that is in the public record, including the comprehensive committee report with which the public may not be fully aware,” Hammill wrote in a statement