Any end to these long hours??

L

local804

Looks to me that UPS GAL has more balls than 80% of the complainers on this site.You saw something wrong, and you filed your grievance as your contractual right.You will get your cash, just be patient.UPS like to drag the money grievence out. Good Luck.....

U

ups_gal_710

Hey Tieguy.......

I'm just wondering if your doing all of this posting on UPS time....All of your post happen around 9:30am on a work day. hummmmm I think you need more of a work load !!!! No wonder our Stock hasnt been moving very much your in the office playing on the computer...

T

tieguy

Hey Tieguy.......

"I'm just wondering if your doing all of this posting on UPS time....All of your post happen around 9:30am on a work day. hummmmm I think you need more of a work load !!!! No wonder our Stock hasnt been moving very much your in the office playing on the computer..."

Ah yes a post from one who has a day job and assumes the rest of the world at UPS also works a day job. Every day she leaves a package car full of packages in her hub and then returns to different packages the next morning never understanding how this metamorphisis happens. Actually my post to yours was a joke. Someone wished you good luck so I thought it might be funny since I have a rap here as some type of management nazi to post the opposite. I was actually surprised I didn't get a lecture from one of a couple here who always feel they need to educate me on the human experience.

D

dammor

Tie, Here's the lecture you expected to hear from the other two.

I am beginning to wonder if you actually work at UPS, and if so why is it that you have learned nothing from your time there. I doubt you were a driver. A management person that had been a driver would understand that an 11 hour dispatch is ridiculous. Sure it has happened to all of us,(except you), but if it keeps up something has to give. If you do work at UPS my guess is that you either came straight off of part-time and are now over a part-time shift or you witnessed a murder and you now have someone by the short hairs.

UPS GAL, Hang in and good luck. Is your whole center over dispatched?

(Message edited by dammor on September 03, 2003)

U

ups_gal_710

Dammor,
Yes most of the center is over dispatched but, there are only a handful of us that speak out about it. My center will be in trouble on Friday because four of us are going to the Union meeting and there are other drivers taking an opt. day. They are out of drivers. Maybe Tie guy will come down and help run some routes that day. It would be good for him. Have a good weekend

T

tieguy

dammor I expected nothing less from you. You lost your sense of humor at birth.

T

toonertoo

Looks like they are really trying to get our hours down here!!! They want us in and off the clock by 7pm (9.5 hrs). Trouble is we still have 11 hrs work,.....So although summer is now over and they have finally taken notice, they forgot the part about removing work to another car.....so we can get in by 7. We have only been in business, what 95 yrs now? I missed the founders day meeting..busy loading my truck.. They will get it right yet, have faith.

D

dammor

"dammor I expected nothing less from you. You lost your sense of humor at birth."

Trust me Tie, my sense of humor is well intact. No person that has been in this job for over 23 years could have made it without a healthy sense of humor. I'm not going to get into a word fight with you because you will surely start the little
potty mouth messages I am so used to seeing from you on this board. I wouldn't have the time to respond and even if I did it would surely be a waste of my time. Have a good evening and I hope you enjoy whatever job it is that you do. By the way, what is the job you do? Just curious....

K

kidlogic

On Thursday I had an O. R. planned day of 13.40. I almost had to worry about getting all my deliveries done by midnight or they would all be free. Yikes!

(Message edited by kidlogic on September 06, 2003)

T

toonertoo

Kid, that is unreal. In some neighborhoods your safety would be at risk, knocking on a door and running away at 10pm or later at night. Not to mention those customers were most likely in bed!!!! TOTALLY RIDICULOUS, and what does your supervision staff say to that, on black and white the next day, proving they kept you on road for 13.4 hours? Ill bet they took care of you on Friday though, right? (ya right, in your dreams if you had time to have any dreams)

K

kidlogic

You have to learn not to set off those motion lights. Also walk soft enough so the dogs dont bark. I usually just bag the box and leave it insight of the door or their cars. You have to learn to be a delivering Ninja!!!

8up

if the company has supervisors out there delivering along with opening the center and closing the center, who is watching their ICC hours?

T

tieguy

"Trust me Tie, my sense of humor is well intact."

Trust me dammor you post like you have a big old splintery number 2 pine board stuck firmly up your tucas. You have no sense of humor.

U

ups_vette

kid:
How many miles, packages, and stops did you have to get that high dispactch of 13.40? Also, what was your paid day?

P

proups

A company-wide memo went out to management a couple of weeks ago to get drivers under a 9.5 dispatch.

I think all of us will see drivers added to the payroll and the paid day reduced.

Getting new drivers through orientation and on the road takes time...so be patient!