Any flu-like symptoms?

It will be fine

Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorence on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing is frowned upon... you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices, and I tell you, people do that all the time.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Do you think anyone bothered to tell the station personnel that handled this stuff, or the couriers that carried it?

Exactly. They didn't tell anyone until the national news carried it as a leading story. You'll need to supply your own Cipro, and if you expire, they'll deny it was anthrax.

SmithBarney

I used to pick up some nasty toxics, and infectious substances... hated those stops... when the person handing it to you is wearing gloves "for protection" WTF... I leave it in my 700 for the DG guys to get... I won't touch it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I used to pick up some nasty toxics, and infectious substances... hated those stops... when the person handing it to you is wearing gloves "for protection" WTF... I leave it in my 700 for the DG guys to get... I won't touch it.

I used to work with someone that picked up a lot of III Bar Radioactive in his 20's. He died at 48 from a rare head/neck cancer. Nothing suspicious about that. FedEx handles a lot of nasty sheet that isn't disclosed fully to those who handle it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This company makes so many bad decisions it blows my mind. They can't even get a pay scale right!

It is hard to fault the company when you have shippers who are less than honest and even outright lie about the contents of their packages.

I have lost count of how many packages that I have refused to pick up because they contained prohibited items (usually booze) even though the shipper swore up and down that there was no booze in the box.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'm surprised FedEx doesn't handle toxic waste as well. Fred & Co. don't care if you get seriously ill, they only care about money and productivity.

CJinx

I have lost count of how many packages that I have refused to pick up because they contained prohibited items (usually booze) even though the shipper swore up and down that there was no booze in the box.
I find undeclared alcohol often enough. I've found pot a couple times. Undeclared hazmat is scary. The scariest thing I've ever found, however, was a loaded handgun with it's serial numbers destroyed. :scared: