Any info on transferring from Express to Freight?

LouBergs

Hey guys,

FT swing here. Looking to move up the payscale but would like to not be confined to an office/station all day. Any information on moving from Express to Freight with the intention of getting a Cdl through the company? Would benefits and everything transfer over to since Freight is also under the corporate umbrella?

I see a freight station near me advertising they are hiring apprentice drivers and am wondering if this is something I should look in to. Thanks!

MAKAVELI

Hey guys,

FT swing here. Looking to move up the payscale but would like to not be confined to an office/station all day. Any information on moving from Express to Freight with the intention of getting a Cdl through the company? Would benefits and everything transfer over to since Freight is also under the corporate umbrella?

I see a freight station near me advertising they are hiring apprentice drivers and am wondering if this is something I should look in to. Thanks!
There's no transferring between opcos. You'll have to apply at Freight and and quit Express. They top out in 3 years so that is plus vs RTD.

zeev

Hey guys,

Get your CDL with Express than get the hell out health insurance is getting worse pension has disappeared and how about the step plan.

LouBergs

Also, at the risk of being made fun of- I do not know how to drive a stick. I've heard Express fleet is all automatic, is this the case at Freight?

Aquaman

Also, at the risk of being made fun of- I do not know how to drive a stick. I've heard Express fleet is all automatic, is this the case at Freight?
Express still requires all RTD’s to train & test in a manual tractor. Testing in a automatic will restrict you to ONLY automatics. All new trucks are automatics but the company still has a lot of 10 speeds in their fleet.

Fergus Mahoney

Express still requires all RTD’s to train & test in a manual tractor. Testing in a automatic will restrict you to ONLY automatics. All new trucks are automatics but the company still has a lot of 10 speeds in their fleet.
Yeah nothing "New" about Express anymore. It's literally crumbling to the "Ground"