Any insight in Dallas backlog?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We had a package delivered Sunday afternoon by UPS. The guy wasn't moving very fast so I assume it was someone in management
I was delivering Sunday and wasn't moving fast... Because I only had 130 stops and was getting time and a half.

Sent from Nexus 7 using BrownCafe mobile app

overflowed

This is why these fdx monkeys should not be on this ups site. I come here to unwind not read a bunch of fdx BS
That fedex monkey doesn't work for fedex. Ground monkeys are ground monkeys. Those of us that work for fedex don't come on here and try to irritate you like they do. We are happy you let us communicate with each other without the site being shut down. Thanks BC and BC members.

Johney

Old,

This would only be in dire emergencies ---such as Dallas --Where MANAGEMENT is doing the work.

I am sure the TEAMSTERS with rising costs every year for retirees could figure out an EXEMPTION.
While this is a great idea.....why would UPS pay top dollar for retires when they can and will pay peanuts or next to nothing to have managers there? It may not get done as well but it will get done and at no extra cost's as they are getting paid no matter where they are.

oldngray

nowhere special
While this is a great idea.....why would UPS pay top dollar for retires when they can and will pay peanuts or next to nothing to have managers there? It may not get done as well but it will get done and at no extra costs as they are getting paid no matter where they are.

You usually get what you pay for .. or don't pay for. UPS will spend all winter trying to straighten out the mistakes that management with no clue about delivering are making.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Have a feeling there will be a boat load of driver followups in the next couple months.
Remember trying to clean up the mess management left us after the strike. Trying to collect on COD's delivered as paid, parcels left in breezeways when there wasn't one, etc.

upschuck

While this is a great idea.....why would UPS pay top dollar for retires when they can and will pay peanuts or next to nothing to have managers there? It may not get done as well but it will get done and at no extra cost's as they are getting paid no matter where they are.
They are paying for plane tickets(last minute), hotel rooms(probably nice ones), meal expenses. They are paying a lot of money for them to be down there. Retired driver in area would cost less, I'm sure.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
They are paying for plane tickets(last minute),

Agreed. $$

... rooms(probably nice ones),

3 star average rooms. Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Hampton, etc., at negotiated rates. $

...meal expenses.

UPS has one of the cheapest per diem meal allowances out there. It's shameful. The UPS allowance is well below half of the lowest number on the list linked below, and there's no geographical adjustment. http://businesstravelnews.texterity.com/businesstravelnews/20130318/m1/Page.action?pg=20

...They are paying a lot of money for them to be down there. Retired driver in area would cost less, I'm sure.

Yes, it's expensive, but it's not costing as much as it should. Travel expenses for retirees would be the same.

island1fox

Johnny,

Believe it or not Managers and supervisors get paid top dollars for the jobs they have. When you pull Management off of their regular jobs --something suffers --business development --payroll-- plant maintainence ---etc etc.

Also the cost of flying management in --the cost of three meals a day the cost of Hotel rooms add up.

I do not believe a retiree who volunteers to help for peak --collecting a pension will not demand top dollar.

A reasonable hourly rate that gives them extra money for the holidays and also gives them a break from retirement:likeit:
In just the Dallas area --How many recent ---within the last five years --retired drivers and mgmt. would you have ??

oldngray

nowhere special
If they worked retirees that would be admitting they could do a better job delivering than the management "experts". Unlikely scenario.

I was sent to the rail yard yest to double check the destination on a trailer. Dallas TX to HarPa. The paperwork was 2 weeks old. At least it was moving east.

oldngray

nowhere special
I was sent to the rail yard yest to double check the destination on a trailer. Dallas TX to HarPa. The paperwork was 2 weeks old. At least it was moving east.

Don't be too sure of that.
UPS Compass
UPS compass.jpg

Johney

Johnny,

Believe it or not Managers and supervisors get paid top dollars for the jobs they have. When you pull Management off of their regular jobs --something suffers --business development --payroll-- plant maintainence ---etc etc.

Also the cost of flying management in --the cost of three meals a day the cost of Hotel rooms add up.

I do not believe a retiree who volunteers to help for peak --collecting a pension will not demand top dollar.

A reasonable hourly rate that gives them extra money for the holidays and also gives them a break from retirement:likeit:
In just the Dallas area --How many recent ---within the last five years --retired drivers and mgmt. would you have ??
Yes they are paid top dollar but when you work 80 hours in a week for salary doesn't quite look so good does it? Plane tickets? I assure you UPS got rock bottom prices for 600 airfares into and out of Dallas. By the way do we know if they even flew commercial or they tag along on a UPS flight? I don't know does anyone? As far as their regular jobs suffering? As far as I heard they were all on-roads so not sure if payroll will take a hit. My immediate sup was sent out there and I didn't know he was gone for 3 days. Outside help whether retires or not are still a liability on the road and at risk for injuries which we all know UPS HATES. Like I said it does sound like a good idea I just don't see UPS doing it.

island1fox

Johney ,

We can go tit for tat --Why waste time.

A very good friend of mine a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER has been in Dallas for the past week and will not get a flight back to his home state until late Christmas day.

So much for "on car supers only" and UPS organizing all the flights.

Johney

Johney ,

A very good friend of mine a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER has been in Dallas for the past week and will not get a flight back to his home state until late Christmas day.

It's all good not trying to argue. Enjoy your holiday I know I will as a matter of fact I already started.

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
Johney ,

Agree. I know of 2 Automotive Sups, and a preload sup that went out. The first round they asked for Non-operations personnel to go out there. I think using retired drivers would be smart, but I would think that after 30yrs of Peaks it would be a tough sell. IDK.

Yes they are paid top dollar but when you work 80 hours in a week for salary doesn't quite look so good does it? Plane tickets? I assure you UPS got rock bottom prices for 600 airfares into and out of Dallas. By the way do we know if they even flew commercial or they tag along on a UPS flight? I don't know does anyone? As far as their regular jobs suffering? As far as I heard they were all on-roads so not sure if payroll will take a hit. My immediate sup was sent out there and I didn't know he was gone for 3 days. Outside help whether retires or not are still a liability on the road and at risk for injuries which we all know UPS HATES. Like I said it does sound like a good idea I just don't see UPS doing it.

Outside help whether retirees or not could drive circles around just about every on-road sup I know and they know it too. So are 25+ year drivers really that much of a reliability? They managed to make it to retirement. If risk of injury is an issue then don't hire the ones with excessive at work injury claims.