Any insight in Dallas backlog?

C

chuchu

Yes. No amazon.
no Amazon?is that your only excuse?
every contract negotiation of ours your account executives try to whittle away at our customer base. We grew 5000000 extra packages per day during the same period.

we are the best and our volume shows it. Have a nice Christmas.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Back log in Texas is hitting eastern South Carolina on Monday and Tuesday. Planning on extra long days working my helper (son) all day long.

STFXG

no Amazon?is that your only excuse?
every contract negotiation of ours your account executives try to whittle away at our customer base. We grew 5000000 extra packages per day during the same period.

we are the best and our volume shows it. Have a nice Christmas.

Ground's growth frightens you. That's understandable. The regionals will soon be large enough to start undercutting UPS and taking even more volume. Ground has the ability to cut costs more than UPS to compete with the regionals. FedEx Ground is faster than UPS ground.

Your drivers get paid more. That's about the only thing you're winning at. Let's watch the pay and benefits continue to dissipate with every negotiation until the union is broken. Congratulations.

ups1990

One of the Sups told me Thursday that UPS was 1 million deliveries behind in Texas.
Would this mean that UPS is conceding defeat in Texas besides the Dallas metropolitan area? Supervisors were sent to Dallas in order to play catch up there, what happens to the rest of the state.

wayfair

swollen member
Ground's growth frightens you. That's understandable. The regionals will soon be large enough to start undercutting UPS and taking even more volume. Ground has the ability to cut costs more than UPS to compete with the regionals. FedEx Ground is faster than UPS ground.

Your drivers get paid more. That's about the only thing you're winning at. Let's watch the pay and benefits continue to dissipate with every negotiation until the union is broken. Congratulations.

what a sheety comment.... the only way ground has the ability to cut costs is to hire drivers for $10 an hour.... like they do
I see 2-3 new ground drivers in my area weekly.... 1 will occasionally last a while but for the most part, they're new....I've been on my route 7 years

C

chuchu

Sure. have a nice Christmas!

PS/ the only thing that really frightens me is tripping over the boxes your drivers always leave in front of the customers door at night so they will fall over them too.

C

chuchu

PS.PS/we are still taking your air volume away every day. our on time delivery stats are much better than yours (98.5% effective)..

keep dreaming.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

FedEx Ground already has the ability to massively undercut UPS, but instead chooses to nearly match UPS's rates in order to drive the profit for the entire FedEx corporation. Until FedEx can get costs under control elsewhere, this will not change. Regional carriers already undercut UPS, which is typically why the earn the business of places like Amazon for Super Saver shipping.

UPS is already aware of its cost disadvantage, which is why packaged services (including supply chain solutions & logistics) are driving the direction of the company. Regional carriers may be able to cheaply deliver packages, but the lack the ability to store, provide packaging, provide on-demand pick-ups with varying capacity, handle ARS, etc.

C

chuchu

FedEx Ground already has the ability to massively undercut UPS, but instead chooses to nearly match UPS's rates in order to drive the profit for the entire FedEx corporation. Until FedEx can get costs under control elsewhere, this will not change. Regional carriers already undercut UPS, which is typically why the earn the business of places like Amazon for Super Saver shipping.

UPS is already aware of its cost disadvantage, which is why packaged services (including supply chain solutions & logistics) are driving the direction of the company. Regional carriers may be able to cheaply deliver packages, but the lack the ability to store, provide packaging, provide on-demand pick-ups with varying capacity, handle ARS, etc.
Plus, the consignee sees the same driver for years, knows his name and the driver takes care of the customers with the allegiance of a friend.
The majority of our greater profit margins come from the smaller shippers who know and interact with the same driver for years, building and solidifying our customer base.

FedEx can't compete with that and never has been able to. We arent temps or subs. We will always win in that arena.

STFXG

Sure. have a nice Christmas!

PS/ the only thing that really frightens me is tripping over the boxes your drivers always leave in front of the customers door at night so they will fall over them too.
You mean the ones delivered before sun down? ;)

Merry Christmas to you as well! I hope you can get home early to your family.

C

chuchu

You mean the ones delivered before sun down? ;)

Merry Christmas to you as well! I hope you can get home early to your family.
Thx for the thought. It doesnt look like we'll be eating supper with the famly at 6pm. Delivering 16-17 thousand packages daily with 40 drivers doesn't paint a pretty picture. At least the gifts will get paid off quicker.:)

Feeders101

Not getting a reassuring feeling from this thread. I've got a package that's been stuck at "Unload Scan" in Dallas since Dec 13. Doesn't sound like they're prioritizing those packages anymore. Should I be shopping for a different gift? Or is there still hope it'll be here by the 24th? (Live in Fort Worth, just 45m away)
Dallas feeders is caught up as of Friday. The outlying Hubs are swamped. Package car will be hurting the next couple days. We will be working this weekend, all the way to Christmas Eve. All management personnel that where in Dallas will be going to the outlying hubs. Fort Worth, Mesquite, DFW, Houston, Oklahoma City, etc. We'll get it done.

Feeders101

And when our contracts are on the line we bring on enough drivers to get the job done. You have no repercussions for failing.

Just to let you know, we also had addition volume due to Fed Ex ground refusing addition volume. At least in the DFW metroplex. We took that volume and it will be delivered before Christmas. Fed Ex couldn't handle that kind of volume, but we are getting done. Fed Ex ground will lose a lot accounts over this.

Feeders101

One of the Sups told me Thursday that UPS was 1 million deliveries behind in Texas.

They where doing preload at 11 pm. Loading up the package cars and pulling them outside and jezz I think we rented U-Hauls entire fleet, they pulled those into the building and loaded them up. Package worked today in Dallas, should be cleaned up. The outlying hubs are next. We'll get ur done.

ups1990

They where doing preload at 11 pm. Loading up the package cars and pulling them outside and jezz I think we rented U-Hauls entire fleet, they pulled those into the building and loaded them up. Package worked today in Dallas, should be cleaned up. The outlying hubs are next. We'll get ur done.
To me, this one of the most interesting post in recent memory about UPS on the BC. I can't get enough!!
Our image will take a huge hit if this cant be done. People were advised to order their gifts in a timely matter only to have UPS not come thru with our promise to make delivery by Xmas. The public could care less about the weather and lack of preparation on our part. What they want to know is when is my s@@t arriving!!
It's bad enough we're being recorded everywhere we go by cell phones, security cameras and the like, only to have every little blunder scrutinized. This peak took our company to the passing point of its limit. I hope that Atlanta learned a valuable lesson about expecting the unexpected and that drivers are and will always be its most precious commodity.