Any Nissan Leaf owners? "on topic"

dezguy

Although nuclear fusion may never be an option, hydrogen will be. The only emission is water.
The cost to produce hydrogen needs to come down considerably before hydrogen becomes an option. As of right now, the only effective way to produce the amount of hydrogen needed to fuel North America would be to build a network of nuclear power plants dedicated to the production of hydrogen.

It simply takes too much energy to produce hydrogen for the amount of hydrogen that is produced.

PT Car Washer

If UPS did install charging stations in the employee parking lot I am sure they would be restricted to management only. Just like the United Way preferred parking spots now.

rod

Retired 22 years
I can picture UPS having a couple of charging stations temporarly installed at one of their centers. I'm sure they would be removed soon after the national press had taken their pictures and published a few articles about how green UPS was.

oldngray

nowhere special
I can picture UPS having a couple of charging stations temporarly installed at one of their centers. I'm sure they would be removed soon after the national press had taken their pictures and published a few articles about how green UPS was.

Agreed and they would shut them off after employees started using them to charge their phones.

Z

ZQXC

To the mods: There should be no posts remaining except those by Leaf owners discussing their cars. (including this post)

Mods should not be selective in their moderation of an "on topic"
thread.

HereWeGoAgain

I own a chevy volt love it! Which I believe is better then the leaf.. The leaf is ugly and dosent have the ability to run off gas...I never worry about gas still on the orginal tank of gas from when I purchased it. Also a hell of a tax break when filing your taxes. Lowers your tax bill by 7500.. I just used the 7500 to pay off 13 months of payments plus I got 0% financing for 72 months.

dezguy

It will start in California and make it's way across the country.
It still doesn't solve the problem of producing hydrogen. Hydrogen production is very inefficient and the only way to solve that, as I said above is to build a network of nuclear reactors dedicated to the production of hydrogen. That in itself causes an issue in that nuclear reactors are very expensive as it is.

Production inefficiency is part of the reason why e85 never really caught on. It takes so much energy to produce it that it had to be priced higher than gasoline.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
To the mods: There should be no posts remaining except those by Leaf owners discussing their cars. (including this post)

Mods should not be selective in their moderation of an "on topic"
thread.
Mods are selective because they have the ability to think.
This thread is not "just" about the Leaf.
Please form your own site and then you can define Mod and owner roles and decision guidelines.
Thanks for your input though ... I needed a laugh.

HereWeGoAgain

Yes they'd also get a huge tax break installing these for employees and the good press the company would get would be a no-brainer. Just look at all the kick backs UPS is getting for implementing a unfinished product (Orion). Just so they can throw some sunshine up investors butts on Wall Street.
I own a chevy volt love it! Which I believe is better then the leaf.. The leaf is ugly and dosent have the ability to run of gas...I never worry about gas still on the orginal tank of gas from when I purchased it. Also a hell of a tax break when filing your taxes. Lowers your tax bill by 7500.. I just used the 7500 to pay off 13 months of payments plus I got 0% financing for 72 months.
A 220-110 volt converter, the proper plugs and a 110 volt outlet.

Piece of cake.

djkre8r

I asked to have it deleted because it went off topic fast. I felt that I asked a legitimate question and it derailed before it got off the ground. Glad they kept it up - learning a lot.

dezguy

But yet the Federal government has requirements that so much ethanol must be produced each year. With tax credits to make it competitive. Everyone uses E 10 gasoline in my state because it is 15 cents a gallon cheaper.
Ethanol is blended into all gasoline, which is why the governments will subsidize it. It helps keep gas from freezing in gas lines. The blend is usually around 10%.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I asked to have it deleted because it went off topic fast. I felt that I asked a legitimate question and it derailed before it got off the ground. Glad they kept it up - learning a lot.

That's cool. Threads around here tend to go in different directions as a matter of course. I'm glad the mods helped you.