Any of your centers...

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Seems not right to have current air drivers and current drivers delivering ground making less. Kind of like the show up to work bonus. Non union, seasonal employees making more than union employees.

The union (local or otherwise) had to OK this arrangement in order to not disturb the retiree's pension. In other words, it has to be agreed to.

And, as for the company, it's a winner. No training other than any new technology is needed. Some retirees do it for the money, others just out of boredom.

What's the problem?

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
The union (local or otherwise) had to OK this arrangement in order to not disturb the retiree's pension. In other words, it has to be agreed to.

And, as for the company, it's a winner. No training other than any new technology is needed. Some retirees do it for the money, others just out of boredom.

What's the problem?

And how is it different than an air driver delivering ground for top rate? (For OP not you)

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
My old feeder department sent a message thru my son (he works there) asking if I'd be interested in working peak. Not delivering or driving, but sitting on the yard telling independents what to do, where to park, checking in loads, etc. I politely declined.