Any other locals signing petitions? -On topic

Partion

My local is getting signatures to petition the yes vote. Anyone else doing this?

If we get enough locals to do this maybe it’ll scare top into renegotiating.

Partion

Have we heard anything new from the international in regards to the vote...?? Did they officially say that the contract was ratified???
Have we heard anything new from the international in regards to the vote...?? Did they officially say that the contract was ratified???
They’re gonna ratify it, even though there was a 55% no vote, because enough people didn’t vote. We need new leadership, tops only in it for our dues.

Yolo

Wishful thinking. But most likely too little too late. These locals probably should have spent more time encouraging people to vote and educating them on the issues.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
People should just stop, with all this SJW internet Antifa nonsense.

Sign a petition, start a "go fund me" account to hire an attorney, march on the

IBT blowing whistles.... this is descending into lunacy.

Get off your phone, the internet, and your game console, and show up at a

Union meeting. Volunteer to help your Local organize new members.

The members lack of interest and ignorance.... is on full display.

And it's embarrassing.

-Bug-

RealPerson

And it's embarrassing.

-Bug-

What % voted in the last contract? National and supplements? Trying to google it to confirm, but word is still less than 50% and it was not pushed through.

To me what is embarrassing is that the Union who is a collective is using its power up uppers to go against what the majority of It's members want. Funny we PAY these people to act in our behalf and they do what is best for them. There has to be some $$$ exchanged somewhere between UPS and Union as both sides pushed for it to pass.

Yes it is sad that more members are not educated as we had a 25 year employee just ask if they still get paid triple time for the day after Thanksgiving. Some even hard core union guys thought if they voted NO, we would go to an instant strike and they didn't have enough money saved up...

It isn't just the Members, it is the local leadership... Why didn't the BA's inform the members??? I'll tell you.. They kiss Hoffa's Ass.

I honestly thought is would not pass this first time.... Well it didn't, but I was floored to think the guy in charge would push it through..

UPS is laughing all the way to the BANK.... Prob holding hands with the Union.

Starting pay is the Most embarrassing thing. We hire groups and groups of people a week, none stay....

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Starting pay is the Most embarrassing thing. We hire groups and groups of people a week, none stay....

I've told this story before.

A local neighbor asked me, if I could get his son on at UPS.

My answer was no, he has to go through the same process as everyone else.

I mentioned, if he could make 30 days and gain seniority I would "check up"

on him. He lasted a day and a half. A week later.... he said his interests really were

in IT work. His 18 year old, 5'7" son (who tops 350) couldn't understand why

UPS didn't respect his "aptitude" for computer science.

Folks....

That's what we are dealing with.

-Bug-

Crosscutters

Maybe instead of blaming people for not voting, the union could look into the mirror and see that if they offered a truly good contract to begin with the 50,000+ no votes would be a lot less and they wouldn’t have to force anything on its membership?

Nah, that’s too easy.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

And it's embarrassing.

-Bug-

Hard to organize new members when the union constantly fails to represent us or listen to us.

Me: Join the Union.
New employee: do I have to pay dues?
Me: yes.
New employee: will my vote on new contracts count?
Me: I can't guarantee that.
New employee: will my grievances be settled quickly and fairly?
Me: I can't guarantee that.
New employee: If I get fired for a bs reason, will the union get me my job back.
Me: Usually.
New employee: With back pay?
Me: I can't gurantee that.
New employee: why the hell would I join the Union?
Me: It's required. Plus, you'll get the added bonus of taking all the blame for the failures of the union because you aren't active enough.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
more importantly , you need to change the language in the constitution

That won't happen until we get competent leadership. Once we have competent leadership, we won't need to change the constitution, except to protect us from future incompetent leadership. Except future incompetent leadership can change the constitution again, so it's pointless. But it's the membership's fault for not being active enough.

Let's face it, the union system is broken, the chances of fixing it from within are about nil. If we can't get outside intervention, there's little to no chance of ever fixing the union.

Mooseknuckle

That won't happen until we get competent leadership. Once we have competent leadership, we won't need to change the constitution, except to protect us from future incompetent leadership. Except future incompetent leadership can change the constitution again, so it's pointless. But it's the membership's fault for not being active enough.

Let's face it, the union system is broken, the chances of fixing it from within are about nil. If we can't get outside intervention, there's little to no chance of ever fixing the union.
I feel the same as you so please don't misunderstand me but, we can change this.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I feel the same as you so please don't misunderstand me but, we can change this.

I hope so, I really do. It seems like the deck is stacked. The system within the union is crooked, and anyone hoping to replace current leadership must be adept at playing the crooked game, which takes being crooked, which means the membership will always lose. That's why I think some outside intervention is necessary.