Anybody carry a blade?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
on a serious note.

there are many everyday items that you can bring to work that can be used for a defensive weapon.

you gotta a google machine.....look it up.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Just get a nice little pen knife.

20201206_090040.jpg

watdaflock?

So, at my building we had a span about a year or so ago that we were told knives would no longer be allowed to come into work. I haven’t heard anything since. Maybe it was the flavor of the month. On to my question

what is the official ups and teamster policy on a 3.25ish inch folding knife? I cannot find any real info in writing.

also, for those who carry a blade, what do you prefer and why?
Why do you need a knife at work?

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
So, at my building we had a span about a year or so ago that we were told knives would no longer be allowed to come into work. I haven’t heard anything since. Maybe it was the flavor of the month. On to my question

what is the official ups and teamster policy on a 3.25ish inch folding knife? I cannot find any real info in writing.

also, for those who carry a blade, what do you prefer and why?
I have a 3.5 incher. Nobody says anything

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Hopefully more UPSers quit and join Fed Ex, if carrying is so important to them.
Ignorance is bliss. Carrying is only as important as surviving in some areas. Hopefully more upsers will refuse to deliver after dark in war zones and that would be important to their families. SMH

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I don't know what you mean. Adding a new circuit to an existing panel requires a new wire run.
It's just the type of wire. Looks like #12 Romex and the contactors have thhn wire running to them. It's not a big deal just normally use emt conduit or fmc not Romex wire for commercial installs.

sailfish

It's just the type of wire. Looks like #12 Romex and the contactors have thhn wire running to them. It's not a big deal just normally use emt conduit or fmc not Romex wire.
I know what THHN is. That's what most Romex has in it now anyway. It's just a residential subpanel. The single 12-2 was all I put in. That understripped, spaghetti dogsh* in the back was all existing and it was all NM.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I know what THHN is. That's what most Romex has in it now anyway. It's just a residential subpanel. The single 12-2 was all I put in. That understripped, spaghetti dogsh* in the back was all existing and it was all NM.
I see. Most thhn isn't as rigid as romex.. i like it a lot better for contactors and microswitches but romex is often faster.

sailfish

I see. Most thhn isn't as rigid as romex.. i like it a lot better for contactors and microswitches but romex is often faster.
Stranded makes life easier on long pulls and bends but I hate terminating it. I'd never run Romex in a commercial setting though. Raceways or MC only.

quad decade guy

We pretty much had to carry a knife when we had to cut COD tags off packages. Wasn't a problem. Just a tool. Not a weapon. When the policy changed most people still had knives but didn't openly display them as much. Although there were still a lot on belts.
As an old hand, you remember the silver slide clips(tools) that held paper records to the clipboard. It had a pretty sharp edge to it and cut cod tags nicely and those perforated NDA "labels"(before bar codes). We carried a 9 iron on the sleeper and had BIG knives all over the place. Especially when Covid first started. And had a briefed plan if attacked by mobs or Californians....or any blue state. New Mexico was particularly weird.