Anybody deliver to famous people?

Joeyj316

I have quite a few I have delivered to. Harold Baines, the former pro baseball player now coach for the White Sox. There is also Vice President Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld.

DS

Fenderbender
This has nothing to do with this thread other than that its about a famous hockey player and what he'd look like as a girl.Sindy Crosby.....maybe not

rushfan

No one here. However we've had a few pass through our state (Idaho). My favorite "pass through" was Neil on his BMW. In his magazine articles he said (I'm not quoting him word for word) he liked smelling the clean air, and riding along tree lined rivers. I never saw him.

mrvngrdns

Since I'm retired, this has to count for me....

John Fogerty, my musical idol since 1968, spoke to me from the front row in St. Louis during his concert on November 30th. He walked to his right, leaned over, looked me in the eye, and said, "Thanks for being here". Stunned, I replied, "Thanks for coming". He then walked back to his mike, and started the first riff to Born On The Bayou. I usually don't get into the "hero worship" thing, but in this case, I did. My wife laughed at me, "You looked like a little kid"! Pretty cool, and at age 62, he rocks like he's 21.

rod

Retired 22 years
Delivered to a gal that was Plain Jane one day living in a dumpy apartment then won like 178 million dollars in the Power Ball Lotto the next day. That's how you become famous over night. Who ever said money can't buy happiness has never seen this gal lately .

satellitedriver

I've delivered to myself.
I must be quite an item, because everywhere I go I hear people say,"That's my UPS man."
Try shopping in a small town. Half the time is spent shaking hands and talking about why I am not wearing my shorts.
Get away weekend with my wife, 300 miles from home. Stop at a local podunk store to buy some drinks and refresh.
A Harley Rider whips off the road and drives up to me. One of my customers. He just had to stop and say Hi.
There is just no getting away, when one is famous.
PAX

Big Babooba

I've delivered to myself.
I must be quite an item, because everywhere I go I hear people say,"That's my UPS man."
Try shopping in a small town. Half the time is spent shaking hands and talking about why I am not wearing my shorts.
Get away weekend with my wife, 300 miles from home. Stop at a local podunk store to buy some drinks and refresh.
A Harley Rider whips off the road and drives up to me. One of my customers. He just had to stop and say Hi.
There is just no getting away, when one is famous.
PAX
Can I have your autograph?

nhguy

I delivered to Roger Clemens when he was first coming up from Pawtucket. He lived in a gated apartment complex and his wife Debbie was there and they had No furniture in the place. I also delivered to him another time right after he had his first twenty strike out game. His wife is a very nice person, his neighbors didn't like him!

He could probably buy the whole complex now if he wanted to.

I also delivered to Billy Conigliaro, who was Tony C's brother. He was a crook, filed a claim on a piece of jewelery that I personally delivered to his wife with her signature. As usual UPS paid the claim.

Remember the big fish always eats the little ones!

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
While filming Talladega Nights here in Charlotte, Will Ferrell stayed at one of my customer's houses. They were out of the country and knew someone who was on the filming crew and offered their home to who ever needed to stay there until the filming was complete. The home is in a gated community with a full time guard at the gate. Anyway, I made a delivery to that house one day and Will Ferrell answered the door. I wasn't a big fan at the time, so I didn't recognize him immediately. But I kept thinking, "where do I know that dude? Anyway, I was talking to the Fed Ex guy the next day and he mentioned that Will Ferrell was living there and all of a sudden it clicked. Damn, my first delivery to a celebrity and I didn't even know it.

I delivered the endorsement contract with Coca-cola to Cheryl Swoopes of the Womens professional basketball league.
Around here she's just Swoopes.