Amazon logistics and their PVDs pay

anonymous23456

So I ordered something at 10 am and had it delivered same day at 7:30 pm. They gave me the range of expected delivery time between 5 pm to 10 pm.

I don't think UPS can compete with that kind of delivery. Who wants to work at 10 pm? How much Amazon is paying these people who deliver packages with their vehicles?

Babboo77

Banned
So I ordered something at 10 am and had it delivered same day at 7:30 pm. They gave me the range of expected delivery time between 5 pm to 10 pm.

I don't think UPS can compete with that kind of delivery. Who wants to work at 10 pm? How much Amazon is paying these people who deliver packages with their vehicles?
you are basically stabbing yourself in the back

TeltBender

The package was delivered same day because you live close to whatever warehouse the package was at. Who do you think is bringing those packages to the warehouses?

rebelsss

People will work for pennies, they use their own vehicle, own gas. They are truly your modern day slaves. I feel so sorry for them, but when u are desperate instead of hoeing around I guess deliver for Amazon. .

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
People will work for pennies, they use their own vehicle, own gas. They are truly your modern day slaves. I feel so sorry for them, but when u are desperate instead of hoeing around I guess deliver for Amazon. .

The standard business model is to have young, healthy, naive and not too bright temps.

A. They can count on them quitting before the employees can become vested in a pension plan ( which is becoming rarer now a days).

B. For the most part the younger new hires are under 30, they are at their peak (physically). Most are not married yet and do not have children. The Corporations/Companies get a cheaper rate with health coverages, probably most of the under 26 stay with their parents and use any health insurance associated with their work as a supplemental.

C. We hired mostly college kids years ago, now a days the tuition is so high that any reimbursement by the Company is minimal. Getting quality employees is getting harder, so the standards get lower. Liability issues if these Companies hire loose cannons, just look at the current workplace violence.

D. These Amazon and FedEx ground subcontractors are under the same stress to make a living as the rest of us. Inflation has to be killing then, working for peanuts with no chance of advancement will take it’s toll.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
There are a few tik tok videos posted that chronicle this kind of Amazon gig style job. People describe the process, the pay, tips to make more money here and there. But it is truly pitiful where amazon has taken this. Using people in this manner and acting like it is a legitimate model for business.

anonymous23456

Found these on the internet:

"I've been doing doordash, instacart and UberEats from the last 3 years and started Amzonflex just last November. The first 2 years I filed taxes, I didn't owe anything and instead got a refund with doordash, instacart and UberEats. But this year with Amazon flex, I owe $800! WTF!? I don't even have 800 total in my bank account. Thankfully I'm getting $400 refund from state so that leaves me with only 400 to pay. This is the disadvantage of closer routes with more pay. With food delivery, I would make more money but I would also drive for 3-8 miles per delivery, I would use my old car so I wasn't worried about wear and tear on it. And if I'm driving for more miles then I'm also using more gas, which means more deduction.

I'm probably quitting this and going back to doordash and UberEats, I'm missing them anyways since the last few months."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I stopped doing flex because of the wear and tear on my car (always got sent way out in the country: pot holes, gravel roads, and lots of miles). I also was hoping that I’d come out better on my taxes, but the mileage deductible didn’t lower my taxes at all. I got a small refund (thank you 12 yo son 🙂). I delivered when the pay in my area was better, now I feel like I’d actually be losing money on the whole deal. I feel so bad for Bezos, I’m sure he wants to pay Flex drivers more, but he’d take such a huge hit…he might actually have to pay taxes."

Last edited:

TeltBender

That’s not true

“The number of Amazon packages UPS handled in 2022 was 1.3 billion, down from 1.41 billion the year before.”

OUCH

Babboo77

Banned

“The number of Amazon packages UPS handled in 2022 was 1.3 billion, down from 1.41 billion the year before.”

OUCH
You said virtually all packages, ouch