Anybody from Indianapolis on here?

JonFrum

If you are in Local 710, you should confirm this in your next post, so everyone else will be aware your Contract provisions may differ from all of us who fall under the National Master Agreement and its various Supplements. Might save some confusion.

JonFrum

Im not employed by ups, just looking for some tips on getting hired on at the 81st center thats all. By the way im a teamster local 716.
Ah! Have they said anything about being required to join Local 710? If your current local doesn't have a contract with UPS, you might have to.

OptimusPrime

I work at that location. No real tips on getting hired. Though seems as of lately, they will hire anyone, seems we need the bodies.

Though I really can't recommend the job to you. That's a pretty decent haul from Danville. According to Google, thats roughly 24 miles, so even if you have a ride with decent mpg, everyday you are going to spend roughly $8 just getting to work. Not to mention the pay is crap. Starting off only at $1.25 more than minimum wage, the job is a joke, especially coming into summer. If you could get a minimum wage or slightly better job at a local grocery/fast food/etc it would be in your best interest. And if you are interested in the tuition reimbursement, gas prices will eat most of that up, about $2000 according to my calculations. Not to mention zero benefits until after your first year.

OptimusPrime

Only reason the Pack won this year was because the Colts were decimated by injuries. Barring a lockout, the Colts are going to be the first team to ever have a home town SB, not to mention win the damn thing.

Im not looking for package handling i'm more interested in just about any driving position. Optimus do you know the hours for some of the driving positions? start times? Oh yeah i just about forgot Colts will beat the Packers in the Super Bowl this year......

Re-Raise

Im not looking for package handling i'm more interested in just about any driving position. Optimus do you know the hours for some of the driving positions? start times? Oh yeah i just about forgot Colts will beat the Packers in the Super Bowl this year......

You can get the Colts at about 15 to 1 , the Packers at about 7 to 1.

I like San Diego at 10 to 1. They are going to sweep the AFC west and run Mathews into the SuperBowl.

Not that I have a gambling problem ... really I don't have a problem ... really