Anybody got the new feeder IVIS?

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Looks bigger than the current IVIS. I have my IVIS bent out of the way so I can lay across the seats and the table in my Mack and get my snooze on. The new IVIS looks like it might affect my sleeping arrangements:biting:

Same thing I was thinking. I guess I will just have to up the size of my pillow. Has anybody seen the new tractors? I think they are freight shakers, as I laid my eyes on one monday night. I did not get a chance to see it up close tho.

spif91

It's what the computer is called that is mounted between the seats of r tractors. Unlike the diad it tells managment when we stop RPM's mph and has all r trailer info in it. We record r lunch and many of the same things that r done with a diad. Thankfully I only make 2 stops per day though.

It's what the computer is called that is mounted between the seats of r tractors. Unlike the diad it tells managment when we stop RPM's mph and has all r trailer info in it. We record r lunch and many of the same things that r done with a diad. Thankfully I only make 2 stops per day though.

Uh Spif. Is your back box in your avatar still on the wall? They complain around here trying to get around them when it`s just two. With three there would be an absolute s-fit having it stuck out another 30ft.

spif91

Yeah. If we build them sraight you couldn't get by but we build em on a curve like this and there is 20 to 25 feet in front to get by........

bluehdmc

Freightshakers is rumored to be the next MFG to supply tractors.

New emissions rules go into effect in 2010, most engine manufacturers are going to use a "diesel exhaust fluid" method to meet the new standards. This technology requires a seperate tank on the truck for the fluid and a dispensing system. I haven't seen any additional dispensing systems being set up. The ONLY manufacturer not using this system is International. So either UPS is gonna get the new tractors and they'll sit while they do a crash program to get the DEF infrastructure up and running or we're gonna be driving corn-binders.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I don't think our present tractors will have to be retro-fitted. In fact, I think a lot of companies bought tractors in the last few years so that they will be able to avoid for a few years the new emissions regulations.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Yeah. If we build them sraight you couldn't get by but we build em on a curve like this and there is 20 to 25 feet in front to get by........
so behind your rig how many other sets of triples are sitting there all bent? Thats some kwayzee stuff driver:funny: Just not used to seeing that in the northeast - no triples

spif91

On th west wall where I hookup there are 25 to 30 doors and on any given night will be 10 sets of trips setting ready to go around 3:30am. It gets pretty wild. Wil try to get a pic some morning and post it.