Anybody moving?

Areyoukiddinme

best 2 weeks ever
Thanks for all the great input gang a couple of people have told me CA tries to tax our pension even if we relocate(that sound like something California would try) i'm gonna talk to our cpa but i looked it up online and it looks like that was done away with.
again many thanks

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Funny thing is, Milkman and I live closer to each other than we did in NJ. Just weird I say...

I actually kept my house in NJ and I rent it out. I do everything from AZ, as for if I have a problem, I have a friend who is a general contractor and he fixes what breaks. I am very fortunate to have very good renters and haven't had a problem with collecting rent yet. The renters pay for the mortgage and also pay for the loan on my RV that you see in my avatar.

Come March I will draw up a new 2 year lease and bump the rent up again another $100.00 or maybe $75.00, haven't decided yet. It's nice to sit back and collect $21,000.00 a year. It looks good on paper but it flows out of the account as fast as it goes in.

The Milkman

Funny thing is, Milkman and I live closer to each other than we did in NJ. Just weird I say...

I actually kept my house in NJ and I rent it out. I do everything from AZ, as for if I have a problem, I have a friend who is a general contractor and he fixes what breaks. I am very fortunate to have very good renters and haven't had a problem with collecting rent yet. The renters pay for the mortgage and also pay for the loan on my RV that you see in my avatar.

Come March I will draw up a new 2 year lease and bump the rent up again another $100.00 or maybe $75.00, haven't decided yet. It's nice to sit back and collect $21,000.00 a year. It looks good on paper but it flows out of the account as fast as it goes in.

Don't Forget that nice new Harley you tool around on.....Easy come easy go...can't take it with ya...

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Tired of cutting grass, raking leaves and shoveling snow. If I want to see snow I can drive a few hours north to the Flagstaff area. Sold my 900 sq ft home in Jersey with $4500 taxes to buy a 40 year newer 2000 sq ft home with a 3 car garage that I can actually use, for about 10k less than what I sold our home for and taxes are $1100 a yr...Those savings alone pay my monthly utilities. Also bought an RV and wanted to be out here close to all the Native American stuff, national parks etc..6 hrs from Vegas, 8 from Moab Utah, about 6-8 hours from San Diego if we want to see the ocean. About 1/2 hr from Downtown Phoenix for baseball games and 45 Minutes for Football....close like in Jersey to NYC for that kind of stuff..Miss Good Pizza, White Diamonds (Burgers) White castles ( get em frozen here) also get my Pork roll here (Taylor Ham) and miss a good Texas Weiner chili dog......Don't miss the Jam packed roadways that were only getting worse and all the turbans at the gas stations..few out here by me but mostly can ya believe ..........American kids working behind the counter...........also love self serve gas stations..............In Jersey...Whoa... don't touch that pump....May iiiii heeeelp youuuuu

Sounds like you live in Mesa...If you're looking for good pizza, try venezias.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Casanova's on the NE corner of Guadalupe and Val Vista. Run by New Yorkers from Brooklyn. Best pie I've tasted since moving from the East.

The Milkman

Sounds like you live in Mesa...If you're looking for good pizza, try venezias.
Tried it ...not bad....Barros...ok. Tried Fat Boys..also not bad but when I had delivery last few times the toppings were somewhat lite, more than once that happened so I stopped..Papa Kelseys is fairly good and the toppings are heavy,best by far but they moved from Signal Butte and the 60 is Rays NY Pizza..killer..sicillian is the best (square) also canolis to die for..there is a Rays up in Scottsdale that I went to while up there...so whenever I am up that way I stop in and bring 1/2 dozen canolis home...When speaking to one of the old time workers ( After mentioning to him I was from Jersey) he told me they get their supplies from ROMA distributers in South Plainfield NJ ( Can see the warehouse off of 287)..no wonder it tastes so good..........

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
House here in California finally in escrow. Will be moving to Oregon first week of 2015. Flying up next week to put an offer in.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
House here in California finally in escrow. Will be moving to Oregon first week of 2015. Flying up next week to put an offer in.

Was born in Salem; moved to Prineville also lived in Eugene and Portland. Grandma lived in Bend and my brother is moving there as I write this. Oregon is a very nice state!

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
Thanks Xexys! I know we;re looking forward to it. Not only is the cost of living much less, but also the quality of living is much higher, in almost every way!

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Don't Forget that nice new Harley you tool around on.....Easy come easy go...can't take it with ya...

Yeah, I paid for the Harley out of my 401k. I got such a great deal on the bike that it would've been stupid not to buy the new model. The dealer put on $1800.00 worth of upgrades on the bike and only charged me $170.00. I should ride over to your house someday soon so you can hear the dang thing. I put new pipes and a high flow air filter plus new grips and handlebars from the Heritage Softail model that puts the bars 2-3 inches closer to me. Next thing will be some rear shocks instead of the air ride crap that the bike comes with. I would also just LOVE to get the LED lighting from front to rear. The dang parts are so expensive that I have to buy the stuff in stages. The LED lighting is such a safety thing so that won't be hard to get past the wife. Nice when your wife says yes, as a matter of fact she is the one who suggested we get the bike so when we get to our destination with the RV we'll have transportation from our campsite. Gotta love her!

Notretiredyet

I'm headed out that way in 2017, looking forward to riding in the southwest. Looking in the New River/Cave Creek area to retire. Can't wait.

The Milkman

Yeah, I paid for the Harley out of my 401k. I got such a great deal on the bike that it would've been stupid not to buy the new model. The dealer put on $1800.00 worth of upgrades on the bike and only charged me $170.00. I should ride over to your house someday soon so you can hear the dang thing. I put new pipes and a high flow air filter plus new grips and handlebars from the Heritage Softail model that puts the bars 2-3 inches closer to me. Next thing will be some rear shocks instead of the air ride crap that the bike comes with. I would also just LOVE to get the LED lighting from front to rear. The dang parts are so expensive that I have to buy the stuff in stages. The LED lighting is such a safety thing so that won't be hard to get past the wife. Nice when your wife says yes, as a matter of fact she is the one who suggested we get the bike so when we get to our destination with the RV we'll have transportation from our campsite. Gotta love her!

Sounds like she is looking good.................to bad the old guy in the seat is starting to look weathered..lol

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
from a money standpoint NV is the second best state to retire in after Alaska. we are thinking about NV, OR , or Idaho from the communist state of California.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Take money out of a 401K because you got such a great deal on something that depreciates year after year.