Anyone care to defend his actions?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
so you'd be perfectly fine if someone came to your door at night "casually" holding a rifle... friggin killin me here..
Try putting words in my mouth much? For starters, I think the NRA sticker on my front door might have hinted to him that the rifle in hand might not accomplish the goal of intimidation he was probably going for.

My point is he had second amendment rights because he hadn't done anything wrong yet. The police couldn't have done a damn thing about it. A paper trail doesn't help a dead person.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
true, true... but when you get a VPO put on someone, they can't have LEGAL access to firearms, correct?
Sure, but you gotta look at it from the perspective of the legal gun owner too. What reason would they have for a protection order? He didn't do anything wrong until the day he did. You have to admit, the laws in place couldn't have done anything to prevent this.

bbsam

Staff member
Sure, but you gotta look at it from the perspective of the legal gun owner too. What reason would they have for a protection order? He didn't do anything wrong until the day he did. You have to admit, the laws in place couldn't have done anything to prevent this.
Right. Could you imagine protection orders for everyone who felt uneasy around somebody? Doubt I could show up at work.

wayfair

swollen member

I would consider a very hostile encounter when he showed up with a rifle to complain about a game of RISK. And that not being the first time he tried his intimidation tactics with those people. I'm not sure how the rest of the folks living on that property dealt with him. According to them, he was a known dikhead

10 point

Last edited:

10 point

I would consider a very hostile encounter when he showed up with a rifle to complain about a game of RISK. And that not being the first time he tried his intimidation tactics with those people. I'm not sure how the rest of the folks living on that property dealt with him. According to them, he was a known dikhead
Ever heard of the charge of "menacing". With a firearm probably adds felony charges?

There was a guy walking down one of our main streets where I live and he was waving a handgun.

The police showed up and when ordered to drop the gun he raised it instead. That was his last day to breathe on earth.

wayfair

swollen member
An order of protection has never required the presence of a firearm.

the person that gets the VPO put on them in my state, cannot possess or purchase any firearm until the court date.

and if issued, cannot possess or purchase one until order is dismissed or expires.

wayfair

swollen member
Ya, but in my state I can legally keep it in my car, even if the property owner prohibits it. Just sayin, it could be just a brisk walk away.
Personally I think it's irresponsible to leave a gun unattended in a car, but that's the law.

aries_security_lock_box_in_car.jpg

mines biometric