Anyone care to defend his actions?

wayfair

swollen member
The guy had a license to carry, he legally owned his guns, he didn't do anything violent to them before the day he killed them. How would calling the police on him have helped? What could the police have even done?

please read the article.

'This man had picked on my daughter and her husband a couple of times before, and he talked with them with his gun in his belt,' said Dr Abu-Salha. 'They were uncomfortable with him, but they did not know he would go this far.'

A friend of Yusor Abu-Salha, Amira Ata, told Fusion that Hicks visited the apartment one night after Ata had left, to complain about the couple having guests over, all the while casually holding a rifle.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
please read the article.

'This man had picked on my daughter and her husband a couple of times before, and he talked with them with his gun in his belt,' said Dr Abu-Salha. 'They were uncomfortable with him, but they did not know he would go this far.'

A friend of Yusor Abu-Salha, Amira Ata, told Fusion that Hicks visited the apartment one night after Ata had left, to complain about the couple having guests over, all the while casually holding a rifle.
I've read many articles that have described this situation.
You posted this:
Why didn't they alert authorities the first couple of times he showed up with a gun?
Please explain to me, given the situation these articles are describing, what action you think the police should have taken in regards to this man, had they called and reported him.

wayfair

swollen member
I've read many articles that have described this situation.
You posted this:

Please explain to me, given the situation these articles are describing, what action you think the police should have taken in regards to this man, had they called and reported him.

I'd say he was brandishing a weapon first off, that would start an inquiry ya think, or do you just want to argue??

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'd say he was brandishing a weapon first off, that would start an inquiry ya think, or do you just want to argue??
Nope, but maybe you just want to try and pass the blame onto the victim for not calling the police on a legal gun carrier. Maybe you could just admit that calling the police on him would have accomplished absolutely nothing.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
the blame would then be on the police.. right?
I'm not really sure but I don't think so, that's why I asked what you think the police should have done had they called.
I'm not sure they would have had any reason to arrest him or take his guns. In fact if they had and that was the headline I'm sure many on here would be crying foul.

Even a friend of the victim has stated that he came to the door "casually" holding a rifle. I don't know about NC but that's completely legal where I live.

wayfair

swollen member
I'm not really sure but I don't think so, that's why I asked what you think the police should have done had they called.
I'm not sure they would have had any reason to arrest him or take his guns. In fact if they had and that was the headline I'm sure many on here would be crying foul.

Even the father of the victim has stated that he came to the door "casually" holding a rifle. I don't know about NC but that's completely legal where I live.

so you'd be perfectly fine if someone came to your door at night "casually" holding a rifle... friggin killin me here..