Anyone ever have luck changing a training route?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Here, we bid routes for life, so that wouldn't be feasible.

Yep.

So do we.

I've heard of areas that bid routes for life. Not sure if I'd like that or not.

You get to "make" the route, yours.

Regardless of what management thinks it should be able to do.

We also get to see how 2 different people are dispatched on the same route.

You would get to see.... who the brown nose people are. :biggrin:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=brown+noser

-Bug-

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
It would probably be contingent on how routes are bid in the first place.
Here, we bid routes for life, so that wouldn't be feasible.
That must suck, how would one know if they like business only or resi only, long drives, short ones, on and on. Plus, don't you get bored as hell?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That must suck, how would one know if they like business only or resi only, long drives, short ones, on and on. Plus, don't you get bored as hell?

"Life time" bids do not preclude from bidding on routes that become available due to retirement, vacating or separation.

We bid every 3 years in my center. I would not be in favor of life time bids.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yep.

But.... How many routes (now) are worth bidding ?

Only Orion knows. :biggrin:
Trust me...We have some professional butt kissers. I'll just keep my dignity.
Yep... And some of those ass kissers are the first to throw a fing fit towards mgt when they don't get their way usually on the phone with the ba within 5 minutes... You know, the ones that play both sides...ac-dc's... lol

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Yep... And some of those ass kissers are the first to throw a fing fit towards mgt when they don't get their way usually on the phone with the ba within 5 minutes... You know, the ones that play both sides...ac-dc's... lol
I'm in the south. In a center full of nutless cowards. Our BA has nearly given up trying to convince them to stand up for themselves. I'm looked at as a troublemaker when all I do is follow the contract. The sad thing is, I'm the one they never mess with and they are too blind (or scared) to see it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm in the south. In a center full of nutless cowards. Our BA has nearly given up trying to convince them to stand up for themselves. I'm looked at as a troublemaker when all I do is follow the contract. The sad thing is, I'm the one they never mess with and they are too blind (or scared) to see it.
So out of your center what % of the drivers aren't in the union???

PASinterference

So out of your center what % of the drivers aren't in the union???
They are all in the union. They just wont stand up for themselves. One of them is a 30 yr driver who skips his entire lunch and runs like a maniac because they chopped an hour off his time allowance. I told him that's why they do it-because it works! Makes me want to puke.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They are all in the union. They just wont stand up for themselves. One of them is a 30 yr driver who skips his entire lunch and runs like a maniac because they chopped an hour off his time allowance. I told him that's why they do it-because it works! Makes me want to puke.
Yep... One would have to be an absolute idiot if they think a corporation who's only job is to make money wouldn't change something (production numbers) knowing that there will be some who will work faster thinking it is their fault... That makes ME want to puke!! It is such a scam and there are people who totally believe those numbers are fair... Omfg... Really???..lol

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I've said this before but if you had an outside company come in and set up a production system at ups and let us drivers give fair input on things I would be almost certain that as a driver group we would be "given" back millions of hours a year... I would bet the bank on that...ups would never do this knowing this fact...total scammers

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Does anyone know as a whole how many drivers in southern states aren't in the union... I'm talking the dirty south.. Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia... Etc

PASinterference

Does anyone know as a whole how many drivers in southern states aren't in the union... I'm talking the dirty south.. Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia... Etc
Its not as low as you may think. I can remember a center near us that got out of the union because they said they had a "good boss". That was all rainbows and unicorns until the company decided to dissolve the center. Then they all wanted in the union. Even offered a pretty hefty lump sum . I remember having some fun with that one.
Back to the subject- most are in the union but are in no way active.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Its not as low as you may think. I can remember a center near us that got out of the union because they said they had a "good boss". That was all rainbows and unicorns until the company decided to dissolve the center. Then they all wanted in the union. Even offered a pretty hefty lump sum . I remember having some fun with that one. Back to the subject- most are in the union but are in no way active.

Why would they have to "buy" their way in to the union?

PASinterference

Why would they have to "buy" their way in to the union?
Because they were out for years and the local told them they couldn't just come back because things suddenly got rough. The union represented them for years in the form of negotiating contracts. I personally wouldn't take them back.

oldngray

nowhere special
Back dues sounds like a fair punishment but I doubt it would be allowed. There shouldn't be any issues about initiation. Maybe they could set the initiation fee much higher for returning deadbeats?